- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £25,000.00 gross per year
National Mining Museum Scotland is an independent trust and the national body responsible for the preservation and interpretation of Scotland’s Mining Heritage. The museum holds collections of national significance and is on the site of the Lady Victoria Colliery, built in 1895 as Scotland’s first super-pit. The museum offers a wide range of activities and events to a diverse and growing audience. The visitor experience includes access to the collections through tours and exhibitions and an award winning education programme.
The Finance and Administration Manager is responsible for the overall financial management (planning, budgeting, accounting and reporting) and administration of the National Mining Museum Scotland. This includes working with the Chief Executive to ensure the accurate preparation and maintenance of financial records for the Trust, and provide effective and efficient administrative support for the National Mining Museum Scotland’s Board, stakeholders and staff and be the point of contact in NMMS for general administration duties.
- Assist the Chief Executive in maintaining financial controls, setting up systems to effectively manage spend against budget.
- Prepare invoices and finance draw down to funders, such as the Scottish Government, in a timely manner according to the terms of the grant and contract conditions and to assist the Chief Executive to ensure that statutory returns are promptly filed and records maintained.
- Balance all payments received on a monthly basis and prepare, maintain and analyse the financial spreadsheets and prepare monthly budget updates.
- Ensure financial updates are in place for the Board’s sub-committee meetings and quarterly meetings and liaise with the Chief Executive and NMMS accountants to ensure that all financial spreadsheets and monthly reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Assist with internal audits and with the preparation of accounts and returns for Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC), Companies House and OSCR.
- Negotiate appropriate insurance provision for the NMMS site.
- Ensure that the organisation’s petty cash systems and processes are accurately maintained and reconciled.
- Ensure that reimbursements, expenses, petty cash, invoices and financial transactions are in line with financial policies and procedures and managed accordingly.
- Ensure that the monthly payroll process is correctly carried out and that employee BACS payments are actioned on the due date.
- Organise and service the NMMS Board meetings e.g. preparing and distributing agenda and papers, room booking and catering arrangements including liaison between the Chief Executive, NMMS Chair and Trustees.
- Manage a team diary/calendar to enable efficient forward planning for meetings, events and other activities.
- Manage ICT and Communications contracts including broadband, ICT equipment, ICT support contract, photocopiers etc.
- Attend NMMS meetings as required and take the minutes of the meetings in the agreed format to agreed standards.
- Manage the Finance Assistant and ensure that they are clear on their objectives, given the opportunity to develop and receive regular feedback and performance appraisals.
- Be responsible for the induction of new staff, the management of personal records and other HR related requirements. This includes, the issue of identification badges and lanyards, the monitoring of annual and flexi leave and sickness absence and the upkeep of the employee handbook.
- Liaise with MENTOR, NMMS’s expert partner on matters relating to HR.
- Oversee the Mentor Live portal which covers HR and H&S guidance and support for NMMS.
- Be the point of contact for general office enquiries.
- Undertake any duties at the request of the line manager which are commensurate with the role, including other project work within the Trust.
Full , Person Specification and Application Form are available on our website.
- ms project