- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Founded by Victor Mishcon in a one-room office in Brixton in 1937 we now have offices in London and New York, employ more than 900 people, with over 500 lawyers offering a wide range of legal services to companies and individuals. In every area of the law that we operate, Mishcon de Reya prides itself in providing a best in class service to its clients. Specifically we offer the following legal services: corporate; dispute resolution; employment; family; private client; and real estate. An entrepreneurial spirit. where candour and involvement are key, characterises our ability to develop and execute the strategies required to achieve our clients’ goals in all these areas. We are an independent firm with an international footprint that extends far beyond our offices in London and New York.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic Apprentice to join our Finance Department. The Apprentice will gain valuable hands-on experience within their designated team, whilst gaining exposure to all three major disciplines, thus generating a real in-depth understanding of how a successful Finance function operates within a leading London Law Firm. This role will work closely with the Mentor and Manager in each team who will create a positive and supportive working environment that will enable the Apprentice to put their academic learning into practice, whilst having the opportunity to add real-time value and contribute to each team.
- Counsel/Expert fees – accurately process invoices, ensuring they are allocated to the correct client files.
- Office account payments, to include posting via our accounts software and entering on online banking.
- Opening and sorting incoming accounts post.
- Delivering of cheques around the firm and to local bank.
- Posting office transactions including electronic searches and write offs.
- Assisting the client cashiers with the monitoring of incoming funds.
- Accurate posting of client monies to the system.
- Transfer of funds to pay our bills.
- Working with the client, office and billing teams on ad-hoc projects.
- Providing support to the billing team during busy periods – to include filing and administrative support.
- Some work experience preferred, but not essential
- Five GCSE (including Maths and English) at level C or above
- Good mathematical skills (candidates must be comfortable working with numbers)
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
This role will suit a candidate that is eager to begin or build upon their career with a busy and supportive team.
Full training will be provided by our chosen provider WhiteHat.
- Genuine interest to develop a career within a leading Finance Department is essential.
- Dynamic and driven individual who demonstrates a positive and ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work, happy to get 'stuck in' to all aspects of the role.
- Enjoys working as part of a team as well as independently.
- An inquisitive mind that enjoys learning – both from an academic and 'on the job' perspective.
- A genuine interest in understanding how businesses (and particularly Law Firms) operate.
- Strong IT skills with an aptitude to learn new software.
- Demonstrates a strong interest to become an expert-user in Excel.
- Self-motivated and disciplined to be able to juggle academic deadlines with their workload.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/ key stakeholders
- Resilient and calm under pressure
Please note that this job profile is not an exhaustive list of duties but merely an outline of the key components of the role. You may be required by your line manager to take on additional responsibilities when requested.
Diversity & Inclusion lie at the heart of our core values. At Mishcon de Reya, our aim is to promote and foster a culture which embraces diversity, respect for the individual and the expression of talent, to empower individuals to fulfil their, and the firm’s, potential. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how this could work for you and our business.
Please submit your application by midnight on Sunday 26 May 2019.
We will be holding an assessment day on Tuesday 4 June 2019.