- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Airbus Operations Ltd.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Do you have a passion for Finance and want to ensure that we have the most accurate financial data and controls in place to support programme delivery and decision making?
Do you want to act as financial business partner, helping the business make informed decisions?
Are you willing to challenge the way we work?
Within today's framework, Airbus are moving forward rapidly into a new analytical world so we are looking for someone up for the challenge.
If you like connecting with people and collaborating with many different organisations, this job will give you the opportunity to work closely with the wing engineering community across countries and sites, and be the interface with many engineering and finance teams. This role will also provide visibility to the engineering team, acting as Deputy for Head of Airframe Financial Controller UK.
Join us soon, as you will have an exciting opportunity to shape and work closely in the fast paced wing engineering environment, ensuring cost control adherence and helping the engineering teams to define resource strategy.
The team work across all programmes and as such we deal with a wide range of topics. Many of us are finance specialists in our domains. Our team will be ideal for you to continuously learn more on function financial topics across many entities and sites.
Tasks & accountabilities
The main tasks and activities will include:
- Consolidate operational input at program level and analyse variances with target for the program, in close relationship with Operational Controller.
- Deal with program controlling and prepare information and analysis for: convergences reviews in AOP process / convergences reviews for Risks & Opportunities recognition during the year / validation, postponement or cancellation of additional activity.
- Prepare financial data on centre perimeter for ad-hoc program meetings.
- Breakdown the centre target per domain linked with split per program (M€, FTE) and perform controlling of cost by destination, cost by nature and resources to support target achievement.
- Manage and lead the day to day objectives and continued development of early careers within the team.
- Act as deputy for the Head of Airframe Wing Controlling.
- Support Finance improvement initiatives.
- Work with programs to converge targets.
- Provide monthly status on R&O recognised by program.
This role will involve travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and competences:
- Educated to degree level in Finance, or be able to demonstrate the appropriate level of experience.
- Advanced level in English, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- The jobholder will ensure that a clear set of reliable financial data is released internally and externally to stakeholders.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A business partnering mind-set (i.e. developing a trustful relationship, building empathy and focusing on adding value).
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business; if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the Recruitment Business Partner who contacts you.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 12th June 2019.