- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Application Opening Date: 24 April 2019 Application Closing Date: 21 May 2019Location: London Salary: Competitive Full time
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm’s liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm’s counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm’s success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
We believe that our model supports integrated thinking across the control processes listed above, which we see as critical to ensuring the connectivity of key control processes. Our clear ownership of the full P&L process also leverages our access and interaction levels with the business and other stakeholders as there is no uncertainty or ambiguity around roles. Our model, supported by our philosophy of scalable processing and exception-based workflow, has driven investment in strong, standardised P&L systems over the years. This allows us to run with smaller teams, improving people's connectivity and ability to span product classes, and allows for less time to be spent on manual reconciliations or data manipulation allowing more time for analysis and value-add work. Our efficient use of headcount also provides good access to senior management at early levels. It also means Product Control as a function is based on the same floor as Legal Entity Controllers, Regulatory controllers, Financial Reporting, Accounting policy, Treasury and Market Risk which encourages and facilitates collaboration and information/knowledge sharing across these areas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Preparing the daily profit and loss account for trading desks, involving an assessment of the nature of revenue generated in the context of market moves and risk held as well as reconciliation between front office systems and sub-ledger as well as the firm's general ledger.
- Producing and reviewing profit and loss attribution and commentary for the bank's trading, investing and new issuance businesses. - Intelligently reviewing trading activity to help assess the valuation of the portfolio and to highlight anything unusual or material to management.
- Monthly price verification review and challenge of trader inputs into inventory pricing as well as incremental assessment of less observable inputs.
- To interact effectively and pro-actively with traders and their management.
- Assessing risk inherent in trading positions, whether market, compliance or reputational risk etc.
- Developing an in depth knowledge of products and market awareness.
- Understanding of the impact of Regulatory Capital rules on a trading desk's ongoing and new business.
- Ensuring compliance with all the Firm's financial reporting requirements.
- Account and monitor for the Firm's secured and unsecured financing activities.
- Liaising with other Federation departments in a collaborative and problem-solving capacity.
- To be fully informed of all department developments and issues in their trading areas.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor’s degree, equivalent or above in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline required
- Prior experience gained from working within investment banking/financial services/professional services industries required
- Must have a qualification as a Chartered Accountant or other relevant professional financial qualification (e.g. CFA).
- A desire to learn and interest in financial markets and products
- Proficiency with MS Office and knowledge/familiarity with VBA, Python, Bloomberg/Reuters required
- Demonstrable involvement with continuous improvement initiatives and adding value to clients/stakeholders
- Experience with P&L review, reporting, financial/valuation modelling, price testing, product control testing and analysing daily risk exposures required
- Familiarity with hedging, trading processes and knowledge of Securities, Risks, Derivatives, Rates, FX, Credit required
- Experience of developing and implementing various workflows/methodologies required
- Commercial focus and strong analytical and communication skills required
- You enjoy being challenged, are team orientated and have good attention to detail
- You should have integrity, professional scepticism, a strong work ethic and a desire for excellence
- You have good interpersonal skills as complement to technical aptitude
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversif