- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £35,000.00 - £50,000.00 gross per year
Nova Innovation is recruiting for a Finance Manager to join our energetic team working at the forefront of the tidal energy industry.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with excellent interpersonal skills and strong attention to detail. We are looking for someone who can work autonomously within a highly motivated team, with a drive to continuously improve our systems and processes.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Preparing monthly management accounts and other management information
- Preparing annual accounts and other statutory returns
- Preparing and administering financial returns for grant claims
- Managing the purchase ledger & payments process, including VAT
- Cashflow forecasting
- Identifying and implementing improvements to financial processes in a rapidly changing environment
- Providing financial support for the company’s business needs as required.
To complement our team, we are looking for a CCAB / CIMA qualified accountant with strong SME experience who is:
- Flexible, self-motivated and positive: thriving in a dynamic environment
- Highly organised: able to work autonomously, managing own workload and prioritising tasks to tight deadlines
- Meticulous in their attention to detail: delivering accurate, reliable and timely outputs
- Comfortable learning new systems: developing and implementing new procedures and making things better
- Good with people: building relationships across the business and flexible to support the requirements of an agile team.
A keen interest in the renewable energy sector and experience working in a manufacturing business would be desirable.
Conditions, remuneration and benefits
The salary is negotiable depending on experience, with a guide range of £35,000 - £50,000 FTE per annum; we also offer a pension scheme. Annual holidays are 25 days per annum plus 8 public holidays. Part time applications will be considered.
About Nova Innovation
The technology needed to generate clean, predictable and affordable electricity using the ebb and flow of tides is rapidly developing, and there is growing worldwide interest in this emerging renewable energy sector. Nova Innovation is a leading tidal energy industry player headquartered in Edinburgh. We design, build and operate tidal energy devices, and we develop sites for arrays of tidal turbines. Our aim is to be the world’s leading tidal energy technology company. Drawing on past lessons from the wind power sector, we strongly believe that the way to achieve this is to demonstrate commercial devices at a relatively small (sub-megawatt) scale, then scale up in size as the technology is proven: start small, think big, move fast.
Founded in 2010, Nova has grown rapidly over the last few years. In 2013, Ian Marchant joined the company's board as Chairman; Ian is former CEO of SSE, one of the UK’s largest utility companies. The strength of the team and our capability is demonstrated by our successful deployment of the world’s first offshore tidal array in 2016, in recognition of which Nova won the Judges Award at the Scottish Green Energy Awards 2016. More recently, we won the European Union’s Enterprise Europe Network award for outstanding SME 2008-2018, and the Outstanding Project Award at the Scottish Green Energy Awards 2018.
In addition to further UK opportunities, we are developing projects around the world including in Canada, France and Asia. Along with recent substantial project funding wins, this promises a very exciting future for our company.
- ms project