- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
£11.90 per hour
- To undertake the monitoring of the Flying Start and Childcare Team Grants, budgets and programme spend relating to these local authority teams, including the submission of claims to the Welsh Assembly Government in line with grant terms and conditions.
- To ensure all audit files are prepared for the grant on an annual basis.
- To oversee the ordering and processing of payments to all suppliers and service providers of the programme undertaking authorisation of invoices on the Council’s Financial Systems, administer systems, manage manual and computerised financial systems, including information for the payroll system. To be responsible for the maintenance of Petty Cash systems.
- Accurately and regularly up-date the Programme Managers on the financial position of the programme identifying and advising on the reallocation of any under-spend.
- To establish constructive relationships with partner agencies; undertake financial monitoring of commissioned services, ensuring financial 2 systems meet the requirements of the authority, the Welsh Government and appointed auditors.
- To allocate and check the work of the monitoring and administrative assistant in relation to financial aspects.
To be considered for this role you MUST:
- Have relevant qualifications and/ or training such as AAT or an ability to demonstrate competence through experience.
- Have experience of using computerised financial packages including Excel spreadsheets.
- You must have a financial background.
- You must have experience of budget management and reporting particularly in relation to grant funded schemes.
- Ideally you will have an understanding of financial procedures used within local government.