- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Finance Tech Lead Developer - 90221681
Posting Range:1 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Technical Lead Developer
A new opportunity has become available for a Technical Lead Developer to be based within our Risk, Finance and Treasury Technology team. This team is accountable for the delivery of business change and technology transformation for Risk, Finance and Treasury Functions globally, whilst working in partnership with our Business customers to develop and implement long term strategic IT solutions to help achieve the Firm’s strategic goals. As part of this team, it will be your role to design, develop and deliver innovative and tactical solutions to benefit the finance community across the firm.
What will you be doing?
• Work closely with onshore and offshore developers within an agile environment to deliver on time to plan and on budget
• Work to and contribute to overall application design, translating business requirements into technical designs that can be used to effectively build applications
• Understand the current application architecture and roadmap; ensure all solutions are developed according to standards and best practice
• Continually strive to develop yourself and stay abreast of new technologies and emerging methodologies
• Strive to become a subject matter expert, by learning and then by demonstrating knowledge through teaching
• Develop, work to, refine and implement world class standards across the team.
Independently identify repetitive or time consuming processes that can be automated, especially where they benefit multiple business areas
• Consume and produce data from a variety of sources, outputting where necessary to downstream applications, or updating the source
• Identify and resolve problems, working closely with the business and support teams
What we’re looking for:
• Experience with .NET/C#/ASP.NET
• Experience with best practice object oriented programming techniques and concepts (e.g. software design patterns, SOA, n-tier architecture)
• Experience with Automated Testing Software and Frameworks
• Experience leading a team of developers to deliver exceptional products
• Excellent team worker with curiosity and desire to learn and improve themselves and the environment in which they work
Skills that will help you in the role:
• DevOps tool chain technologies (e.g. chef, stash, team city, Nolio)
• Knowledge and understanding of end-to-end software development lifecycle especially agile software development techniques
• Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development
Where will you be working?
This role will be based in our Aurora house Glasgow office; a stones throw away from Glasgow Central Train Station and the heart of Glasgow.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.