- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team specialises in helping clients implement changes to regulatory and financial reporting. The areas we work in include Solvency II reporting, IFRS conversion support, implementation of new IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP accounting standards, accounting control or process support and assistance with public offerings.
Within EY, FAAS operates across a global network and in the UK has dedicated team focussing on Financial Services clients, split into five sub-teams: Banking, Insurance, Asset Management, Treasury & Structuring.
We are interested in hearing from strong financial accountants who are looking to move out of industry to practice, or from audit into advisory services. Our opportunities will allow you to have the chance to apply your financial accounting and regulatory knowledge in the advisory space, work on a variety of projects and offer you flexibility and excellent career progression opportunities.
We are the market leader in advising financial services clients, evidenced by the large number of accounting and regulatory change and conversion engagements we are working on.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Manager or Director in the Banking team, who can help support our ambitious growth plans and drive forward the team in a variety of activities
What you will do:
• Contribute to the development and debate surrounding GAAP changes (IFRS, UK GAAP, US GAAP) and other regulatory developments, focusing on the practical impact on insurance clients;
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with clients while striving to actively stay informed of market trends, performance drivers and emerging technical and industry developments;
• Assist clients through the provision of advice, the delivery of implementation projects and the investigation and resolution of technical accounting and regulatory issues to help deliver financial information and to improve reporting processes;
• Assist in business development work of new and existing clients through sustained market efforts, including the preparation of bids and proposals and supporting the execution of the same;
• Conduct analyses on accounting and regulatory policies applied in financial statements and other regulatory reporting;
• Research on technical accounting and regulatory issues and the production of briefing papers for clients and our own staff;
• Provide technical advice to ad-hoc accounting and regulatory queries from clients and internal staff in other service lines and across EMEIA.
• Accountancy qualification;
• Significant experience of working with IFRS, including FRS 102, within the Banking industry
- FINREP experience
• Extensive knowledge of accounting and regulatory change within the Banking industry
• Assertive and proactive approach to the delivery/implementation of projects
• Ability to utilise research effectively and explain complex subjects in a clear manner
• Ability to network effectively within large organisations and build relationships with individuals and clients;
• Strong team management skills ;
• Strong interpersonal skills: written, presentation and influencing;
- Previous experience operating as Senior Manager or Director within a consulting environment
Opening date for applications: 18/02/2019
Closing date for applications: 19/03/2019
Hours: 35 hours per week. Monday - Friday
Multiple roles available
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
About the company
A multinational professional services firm headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is one of the "Big Four" audit firms and is the third largest professional services firm in the world by aggregated revenue in 2014.