- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Financial Controller, SAE Europe (Careers & Industry Division)
£60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Full time, Permanent, 40 hours per week
Based at SAE Oxford, Littlemore Park
SAE is part of the Navitas Group, which is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programs, language training, workforce education and student recruitment.
The Financial Controller Role
SAE is seeking an exceptional Financial Controller to join the team and play a critical role in the management of day to day operations of the Finance functions of SAE Europe & UK.
Managing the finance team and workflow to provide the highest quality financial processes, robust reporting and controls, this role is part of the senior leadership function in the Finance community across the Navitas Group.
The role will be based in the UK at our headquarters in Oxford.
* Leading the Oxford-based SAE Europe and UK Finance team, providing direction, support and development to create a high performing team.
* Managing the month end processes, financial reporting and reviews for BU’s across SAE Europe and UK in a timely, compliant and accurate manner.
* Ensuring statutory reporting requirements are met and signing off balance sheet reconciliations.
* Liaising with external auditors, bankers, insurance brokers and legal counsel as required.
* Other responsibilities as outlined in the job description.
Requirements for the Financial Controller Role
* Demonstrable experience of a minimum of 3-5 years in senior management of financial teams and cross-region financial operations.
* Track record of embedding rigorous processes, tracking, enforcement and accurate reporting against monthly KPIs.
* Previous experience with staff management, mentoring and development.
* Professional designation i.e. ACA, CIMA
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and self-management skills
* Very strong excel and analytical skills
* High level commitment to quality of work and meeting deadlines
* Ability to cope under pressure and deliver during periods of change.
* Full working rights for the UK
* User knowledge of Oracle and Hyperion Financial Management/Hyperion Planning systems (or similar).
* Relevant educational industry experience, particularly within HE
* Previous change management experience
What we offer
Navitas offers long-term career opportunities and is an equal opportunity employer.
If you feel you are suitable for our Financial Controller position, please apply now.
We regret that due to the volume of the applications, only successful applicants will be contacted in this instance
About the company