- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Borough of Torbay
Position SummaryAt Coconino Community College, our team of committed faculty is as diverse and as inspiring as our student body. Join us and make CCC an even stronger community of opportunity.
Specifically we are recruiting TA I (assisting instructors). These assisting instructors are available to assist teaching skills for: FSC 180 – Fire Fighter I and II, FSC 136 Fire Apparatus and Hydraulics, and FSC 138 Haz-Mat Awareness/Operations. The TA I assisting instructors also assist with state testing for applicable courses. The days and times of available courses varies, but all open courses are in-person in Flagstaff.
Teaching assignments may include day, evening, and weekend classes, and may be at multiple sites. TA I faculty must be able to work collegially in a team environment. This is a temporary, non-benefits eligible position. Employment is determined on a course to course, semester to semester basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist dedicated faculty demonstrate, practice and master skills adhering to course outlines and student learning objectives.
- Notify Fire Science Program Coordinator and lead instructor in case of absence from class. Work to find substitute to cover class when at all possible.
- Check CCC email and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Remain current in practices, trends, and research related to discipline area.
- Follow the same accepted standards of conduct as the full-time faculty as described in applicable administrative procedures which relate to satisfactory service and conduct becoming a faculty member.
- Comply with timekeeping policies as required by college.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
Meet physical requirements as set forth in NFPA 1001.
Class will be delivered in both classroom and outdoors setting.
Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesAbility to assist teaching assigned skills effectively. Knowledge of the subject area. Ability to maintain professional ethics and confidentiality of students and staff. Maintain industry certification(s) related to teaching class per the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) and Arizona Center for Fire Service Excellence (AZCFSE). Ability to support and promote the mission, values, purposes, and strategic plan of the College. Ability to work in a culturally diverse and team environment.
- Arizona State certified Fire Fighter I and II.
- Arizona State certified Hazardous Materials Awareness/Operations.
- Arizona State Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic.
- Fire Instructor I, Facilitative Instructor M-410 or equivalent instructional training.
- 80 hours Fire Service instruction experience.
- AAS Degree or BS in Fire Science or related field