- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- MANCHESTER GB
Fleet Operations Manager
To proactively lead, manage and coordinate the fleet (LCV, car and HGV) service delivery across the Northern region / contracts working closely with the wider Fleet team to achieve excellence in safety, quality, sustainability and efficiency.
Taking ownership for all aspects of the Northern region/contracts to ensure excellent and sustained customer satisfaction embedded at a local level and delivered through well communicated and proactive engagement with the senior team.
Adopt a consistent and robust approach to the use of the Business Management System.
· Manage the day to day workshop operational activities
· Proactively manage maintenance activities to ensure workshop revenue is maximised
· Develop a strong working relationship with local customers to minimise service disruption and maximise customer satisfaction - adopting clear and consistent communication to manage expectations.
· A consistent and robustly embedded safety culture across all Northern region workshops, engaging with the SHEQ, Engineering and Compliance teams to adopt a professional "best in class" delivery operation.
· P&L responsibility for Northern workshop running costs and the overall impact of repair and maintenance against budget including external supply chain expenditure.
· Provide monthly report to Head of Delivery covering all aspects of the Delivery function with targeted priorities and a full KPI update
· Communicate the Delivery strategy to Northern Region team members through team time and strategy boards.
· Ensure that that actions are closed out on critical issues concerning safety,
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
The role requires a substantial understanding of the wider Fleet operation, its processes, organisation and customer relationships. The success of the role depends upon strong and collaborative relationships across the business and the related customer hierarchy..
The role requires a capable person-manager, able to develop and coach their team, address human resource issues promptly and robustly, taking the appropriate action when required.
The individual will need to be capable of communicating ideas and concepts effectively to both their own team and to external parties such as the preferred supply chain. As a result the role requires sound presentational skills and the associated confidence to deliver the message.
The individual will need to be able to set, deliver and measure clear targets, possess
Commercial and contractual knowledge and have the ability to develop strong business acumen