- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £32,000.00 - £38,000.00 gross per year
Transport Manager JD
A busy and fast growing haulage company are looking for an experienced CPC qualified Transport Manager. The main remit of the role is to assume responsibility of the management of the company fleet of lorries/trucks and to manage the effective utilisation of the fleet and minimise vehicle downtime.
Supported by a Transport Administrator, you will be very hands-on in respect of maintaining the fleet of lorries to an optimum level, reducing downtime and driving Health & safety across the operation. The desirable candidate must be knowledgeable about transport legislation and in particular Fleet Maintenance and MUST possess a Class 1 or 2 Licence and ideally have experience of driving trucks/lorries.
The company operates 5 depot's based in East London, Croydon, Bedford, West Drayton and Iver. The company Head office is situated at the Iver depot and this will be the main base.
Key Features of the role:
- To manage and administer all aspects of the company Operator license.
- Ensure that all DVSA compliance standards as well as companies own compliance standards are adhered to at all times. This includes timely scheduling for PMI, MOT, drivers routine checks, Tachographs among other compliance measures
- Ensure all vehicles are maintained and serviced according to Operator Licence requirements
- Daily monitoring the defect reports from the company defect reporting IT system
- Take action against any infringements reports on from Tacho reports. Such action includes issuing disciplinary warning & other measures
- Ensure all incidences and accidents reported are fully investigated and actions taken as necessary
- Working with the company Transport Planner and Administrator; responsible for managing the company's fleet maintenance and administration of vehicle maintenance documentation systems. This will involve taking reasonable cost cutting measures for fleet maintenance like researching for best prices for parts
- Keeping accurate compliance records and ensuring successful completion of audits
- May be called upon to conduct driver briefings on performance, operations, compliance, health & safety, clients concerns among other relevant issues to drivers responsibilities
- Expected to appraise, develop and improve compliance and safety in operations.
Candidate need to have:
- CPC National Operators Licence (Haulage)
- Compliance Management experience in transport
- Good IT skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with own initiative and meet deadlines
- Good knowledge of transport and Driver Regulations
- Full UK driving licence and HGV Class 1 or 2 Licence & experience of driving trucks/lorries
- FORS Accreditation (Desirable, though not essential)
- A flexible worker, with a positive approach to work
- 8am-6pm Monday to Friday
- 28 Days Holiday inclusive bank holidays
- Company mobile phone supplied
- Company Pension
- Career Progression
- Annual Pay Review
- Dump Truck
- Fleet Management
- Vehicle Maintenance
- CPC National