- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Standout opportunity for a Forecasting Manager to join a rapidly growing market leading global manufacturer!
Enable Futures are operating as an employment business on behalf of its client and recruiting for a Forecasting Manager (1 year contract) to join a market leading manufacturer based near Cheddar, Somerset. You will report to the Director of Purchasing. The opportunity will commence as a one year contract and be reviewed during those initial 12 months.
This role takes responsibility for the business forecast. The Forecasting Manager will lead the implementation of a sales and operations planning process. This will require cross-functional working with the Product and Marketing Department, Sales, Operations, and Finance, taking ownership for product and financial forecasts. The Forecasting Manager is responsible for the management, training and development of the Demand Analysts within the team as well as working collaboratively with the Planning Manager and Supplier Manager to deliver the objectives of the Purchasing and Supply department.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.00am – 4.30pm / 9.00am – 5.30pm. Closing date is 14th December 2019.
*The annual salary is very competitive and dependant on experience and will be discussed on application*
The outstanding benefits package includes:
1. EAP Service
2. 33 Days Holiday
3. 3 Volunteer days to give back to the community
5. Flexible working
6. Discounted rates at the local gym
* Lead the dedicated forecasting team which is responsible for generating sales forecasts and component forecasts for purchase items and production items.
* Deciding safety stock figures for purchase and production items, review these parameters and look at where greater investment in stock would reduce stock outs improve service levels.
* Identifying sales trends which could lead to sales opportunities or suggest products are declining in sales and bring those to the attention of portfolio managers/product committee.
* Processing forecast information from Sales build it into overall sales forecast; follow up on those forecasts with relevant ASM or Sales Office to update forecasts.
* Amending forecasts in line with actual demand patterns where demand differs to forecast.
* Providing availability information to internal customers based on whether demand is part of the forecast or not and on maximising availability, ideally without creating stock outs on retail or additional airfreight costs.
* Drive continuous improvement within the forecasting team primarily through taking the lead in establishing an SOP process.
* Work with Representatives from Sales Functions in order to generate and improve forecasts, regularly meeting to review forecast accuracy, understand patterns of demand, unusual demand patterns and future known demand.
* Work with Sales Managers/Directors to generate new product forecasts and review sales against forecast of recently launched products, with aim to improve new product forecasting (and make any recommendations to product committee/portfolio committee which result from this).
* Lead the inventory reduction strategy within the business.
Experience, attributes skills sought:
Forecasting Management background
Minimum of 2 years’ experience within the field
Resource Planning Knowledge
Excellent organisational skills
Strong relationship management skills, influencing and negotiating
Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Please follow the application process for the site this job is advertised on ASAP or email your CV to Rebecca’s email. If you have the transferable skills required Rebecca will call within 24 hours and email with more information to discuss this with you confidentially.
Role: Forecasting Manager
Job Type: Contract
Location: Cheddar, Somerset,
Apply for this job now.