- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Number 37515BR
Job Title FP&A Analyst
Business Segment Film
Sub-Business International UPHE
Posting Category Finance
About Us NBCUniversal’s international operations outside the US and Canada include film and television distribution, home entertainment distribution, channels, film and television production, theme parks and news operations. The company is led by Kevin MacLellan, Chairman. MacLellan is responsible for oversight of all NBCUniversal International’s businesses, as well as identifying and executing international growth opportunities for both NBCUniversal and Comcast Corporation. With more than 2,200 employees across 34 countries, NBCUniversal’s international portfolio consists of international channels delivering quality content to 176 territories across EMEA, Latin America and Asia; television production labels in both UK and Australia; a library of 4,000 feature films and 75,000 TV episodes for international television distribution; direct film distribution operations in 11 countries; direct home entertainment distribution operations in 7 countries with licensee relationships covering approximately 55 additional territories; CNBC International, which broadcasts across EMEA and APAC; Parks & Resorts operated through license agreements in Singapore and Japan; and an international NBC News team based in London. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Career Level Experienced
Country United Kingdom
State/Province - -
Responsibilities The FP&A Analyst is responsible for supporting the Head of FP&A and Senior FP&A Analyst in all aspects of financial analysis and reporting including the budgeting process. This role will have a key focus on New Release product lines including Studio Film, TV and the Local Acquisitions business (Content Group).
This position will also support the marketing team in understanding performance and profitability of titles and provide the senior management team with key reports and value add analysis.
Qualifications/Requirements KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Forecasting / Budgeting and financial analysis.
• Liaise and build relationships with marketing and sales to ensure accurate forecasts for New Release product lines.
• Help provide Senior FP&A Analyst, Head of FP&A, Finance Director and Senior Management Team with accurate and timely forecasts as well as variance analysis to understand key drivers for Revenue and CTM: identify and track risks and opportunities, proactively driving actions with the finance, sales, marketing and operations teams to maximise profit.
• Assist with the monthly forecast and annual budget processes, and the load submission of these.
• Simplify and standardise processes to improve accuracy, efficiency and timeliness using offshore resources where possible,
• Review New Release P&Ls prior to Marketing Plan P&L submissions.
• Work closely with Commercial Finance Analysts to ensure all customer pricing decisions are captured in forecasting / budget submissions.
2. Forecasting and Financial analysis of productivity and marketing P&L lines:
• Support Senior FP&A Analyst to regularly monitor direct cost impacting processes including: Marketing, origination, manufacturing, obsolescence, distribution and royalty/amortisation
• Understand and Communicate Risks & Opportunities in these P&L lines to Senior FP&A Analyst, Head of FP&A and all wider business teams on a regular basis.
• Assist the FP&A team with the monthly forecasting and annual budgeting of these P&L lines ensuring that all known risks and opportunities are included.
3. Controllership activities
• Preparation and booking of month end journals through SAP to help support Controllership teams
• Support off-shore outsource team and help co-ordination of month end activities
• Preparation of monthly pacing file and understanding of variances
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.