- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Airbus DS Ltd.
Airbus Cyber Security is a European specialist in cyber security. Our mission is to protect governments, military and essential national infrastructure enterprises from cyber threats.
We are over 700 experts based across our main locations in France, Germany and the UK, each with a Security Operating Centre, we also operate in the US and the Middle East.
We provide a global cyber defence approach that aims to protect, detect and respond to cyber threats with a portfolio including managed security services, industrial control system offerings, encryption, key management and consultancy services.
Our goal: Protect our customers and support their needs with cyber security products.
We are passionate about cyber security. If you share our passion, we want to speak with you.
Description of the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a FPGA Engineer within Airbus Cyber Security in Newport, South Wales.
The FPGA Engineer will report to the Head of Hardware Engineering for performing allocated FPGA Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
You will demonstrate that the developed product meets all specified product and customer requirements, by;
• Analyse requirements, specifying and documenting the FPGA solution and work breakdown.
• Prepare FPGA architectural designs and documentation.
• FPGA design generation and implementation.
• FPGA design verification.
• Integrate FPGAs onto the target platform.
This position can offer you:
• Challenging tasks in a company with some of the most creative cyber security technology and services
• Integration into an international network of cyber security experts across and outside of Europe
• Participation in Europe-wide projects as prime supplier
• Exciting development opportunities and perspectives within Airbus as a global player
• An attractive company pension scheme
• Airbus Group success share scheme
• Flexible working hours
Tasks & accountabilities
• All FPGAs are developed following Clients standards.
• Appropriate processes and methodologies are used to design allocated FPGA development work packages meeting cost, time and quality targets, agreed with their development team leader.
• Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices and acquired technical expertise. The cost/benefits of design possibilities are understood, and that judgement calls can be made based on them.
• Success of both internal and external design reviews and project reviews throughout the development life-cycle.
• The support of the design of essential components where decisions may have a significant effect on project timescales.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
• Experienced engineer with good FPGA development process knowledge
• Experience of FPGA design and implementation
• Recent design experience of devices from Altera / Microsemi / Xilinx
• Proficient in VHDL; a simulation and FPGA synthesis tool
Because of the nature of work undertaken, these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. If you who meet this criteria you will also undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.