- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Profile Teaching - Business Tutor
Contract Type Freelance
London with potential national travel as required
The BPP School of Business & Technology is recruiting for freelance tutors specialising in Banking (particularly with CFA Level 2 and Level 3 qualifications/practitioner experience) to teach across apprenticeship programmes which support learners in working towards their Chartered Banker professional qualification.
We are looking for highly motivated tutors with significant Banking practitioner experience to bring high quality teaching and module leadership into the School.
The role of the tutor is to ensure that students within the School receive a premium experience. This is achieved via delivery of the highest quality tuition, materials and student support.
Tutors will undertake a variety of duties including, but not restricted to, module leadership (authoring), managing student cohorts, teaching (mostly online but with some potential for face to face delivery too). Faculty may also be required to support business development/student recruitment activity (for example attending pitches or open evenings).
- Provide and be accountable for high quality course design and module leadership through using relevant professional syllabus material to create high quality, engaging teaching resources and formative assessment practice questions.
- Ensure high quality and consistent teaching through the provision of detailed teaching guidance and academic support for the teaching team.
- Providing ongoing personal tuition support to a cohort of students in line with University policy.
- Managing a cohort of students to ensure the smooth running and academic integrity of the relevant programme.
- Providing academic support for commercial and business development activities within the School. Ad hoc provision of client liaison and support as required.
- Teaching on the relevant programmes in mainly online but also face to face modes.
- Supporting the Faculty and Corporate vision of a “University with a national and international reputation for excellence, innovation and regional engagement”.
Any other duties appropriate to the grade and nature of the post.
Department School of Business and Technology - SOBAT Faculty
Location UK, London, London Fitzwilliam House
- Hold ACIBS (Associate member) status with the Chartered Banker Institute.
- If candidate does not currently hold either a teaching qualification or HEA membership, a commitment to achieving these through BPP's PGCLT or Headway (BPP's accredited CPD scheme) is essential
- Significant Practitioner experience in the Banking and Finance sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- The ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Excellent computer/IT skills
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check
- A teaching qualification relevant to the discipline
- Fellowship of the HEA
- Hold MCIBS (Full member) status with the Chartered Banker Institute.
- Some experience in teaching at a professional level or of delivering training and seminars in a commercial context, relevant to the Banking and Finance sector
- Some experience in writing engaging learning materials for face to face or online delivery
The School also has tutor opportunities in the banking and finance discipline across our degree and professional qualification programmes, which a tutor in this role could get involved in. It provides scope for the variety of duties a tutor undertakes to increase if they wish to take the opportunity.
Contract Hours Freelance
Full Job Description
Chartered Banker Tutor JD (Feb 19).pdf (232 Kb)