- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Profile Teaching - Technology Tutor
Contract Type Freelance
This role will be online based - live delivery
BPP's School of Business & Technology is recruiting for Associate faculty roles to accommodate the demand needs within the School across our Degree and Apprenticeship programmes.
We are looking for highly motivated, practitioner-experienced lecturers to bring high quality teaching, content creation and module leadership into the School in this area.
We are interested in practitioners from various commercial sectors with experience and/or certification in Apache Spark, to support on our MSc Applied Data Science programme.
The role of the faculty within the School is to develop, co-ordinate and deliver engaging teaching and learning materials (across Levels 4 to 7) to ensure that learners within the School receive a premium education and learning experience.
The key duties of Associate Faculty on these programmes will be teaching (mainly online live delivery, via our Adobe Connect platform), module leadership and module material development. There is also the opportunity to undertake a variety of additional duties including, but not restricted to assessment marking and project supervision across the wider School.
Teaching, Module Leadership and Module Development
- Be accountable for high quality module learning and resource development, using relevant professional syllabus material to create high quality, engaging teaching and learning materials, including formative multiple choice and other assessment materials.
- Develop and deliver high quality and consistent teaching materials including detailed schemes of work, topic guidance, activity checklists, content, (including webinar slides and resources). Delivery can be a combination of 2-3 hour segments across the working day or on weekday evenings depending on the programmes and modules taught.
- Provide high quality module leadership and be accountable for the standard of the module materials and resources. Ensure high quality and consistent teaching through the provision of detailed teaching guidance and academic support.
- Examining, assessment and marking within the relevant programmes.
- Supervising student projects within the relevant programmes.
Department School of Business and Technology - SOBAT Faculty
Location UK, Home Based, Home Based
- Relevant first degree and/or Professional Qualification(s) applicable to your subject area and level of teaching
- Apache Spark experience and/or certification
- Significant practitioner experience relevant to the discipline
- Experience of negotiation with and managing different stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Commercially and educationally focussed with leadership and coaching skills
- The ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Excellent computer/IT skills
Please note successful candidates will be required to undergo a DBS check
- A teaching qualification relevant to the discipline; or Fellowship of the HEA; or a commitment to achieving either of these through BPP's PGCLT (Post Graduate Certificate in Learning & Teaching) or Headway, BPP's accredited CPD scheme
- Other industry related professional accreditations and/or certifications
- Experience of teaching the subject at a Further (Level 3) and/or Higher (Levels 4-7) Education level
- Experience in teaching live online and/or of delivering training and seminars
- Experience in developing schemes of work and engaging online content
- Experience of providing guidance and leadership to a teaching team
- Experience/awareness of delivery needs for work based learners
- Experience of supporting students in an academic context
Contract Hours Freelance
Full Job Description
Freelance Tutors - Apache Sparke.pdf (315 Kb)
- ms project