- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Or apply with these other sources
Apply with LinkedIn
Add to Saved Jobs
Position: Freight Controller
Customer: Muntins PLC
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 18th December 2018
For the role of Freight Controller you will be responsible for supporting the businesses key role in moving towards the goals of 2020 delivering operational excellence for all customers within the business unit. The role supports the Freight Operations Manager in delivering all operational requirements for Muntons.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
• Working in a team environment and working in a safe manner
• Operation of customer software (SAP previous experience desirable but not critical)
• Processing and distributing data accurately for operations to undertake
• Creation of Daily and Weekly outbound plans and reports
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office
• Representing DHL in a professional manner to customers
• Must be flexible to change
• Completion Operational documentation as required
• Achievement of contractual customer service levels
• Complete ad-hoc freight procurement
• Good understanding of international documentation such as; Bill of Lading, Letters of Credit & Bills of Exchange
• Advise on or complete customs clearance
• Adherence to all health and safety policies
• Good understanding of Inco-Terms
• Liaise directly with carrier and customers across multi-mode planning and coordination
• Must be able to communicate issues and appoint escalations where relevant
• Good understanding of different modes of transport
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• Subcontract Transport
• Transport general
• Control Towers
• Previous Transport / Warehousing Administration
• Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office knowledge to a competent user
• Ability to accurately produce documents
• Dealing with Customer service feedback
• UK, EU, Global Shipments
• High School Education (no university eligibility)
• Diploma/Certificate in Logistics/Freight Forwarding (Desirable)
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvEh04LNJ_I
FACTS AND FIGURES
Division V7, SUPPLY CHAIN
Business Unit DHL Supply Chain UK
Job Type Warehousing, Package Handling & Distribution
Career Level Support & Administratives
Reports to Kevin Gostick
Target Hire Date 12/17/2018
Employment Type Permanent Full-Time
Shift Requirement Day time only
Relocation Offered None
Travel Required Below 25%
Travel Extent Within region
Work Permit Required Yes
About the company
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 285,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world's leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain.