- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £100,000.00 - £120,000.00 gross per year
One of the world's leading insurance companies is seeking to hire a general corporate lawyer into the Group Legal team, based in the City of London. This is an exceptional role that offers significant breadth and opportunities to advance your career. The role is broad and as part of a Group legal function, you will advise on all matters relating to the global business. Ultimately as a lawyer within this team, you will be responsible for mitigating loss and damage, improving best practice and utilising your legal skills to protect assets.GROUP SENIOR LEGAL COUNSEL - FTSE 100
Reporting directly into the Global General Counsel, this role sits within the Group Legal team of a highly regarded and well known FTSE 100 insurance company. Positions such as this do not come up regularly and this role offers an exceptional opportunity to advise and work on the broadest and most diverse range of legal work.
You will ultimately be responsible for a very wide range of legal matters. This includes but is not limited to:
- Providing commercial legal advice to regional and international business units
- Working with the group and regional leadership teams providing regulatory and compliance advice
- Providing commercial advice to a range of corporate transactions including mergers, acquisitions, financing, disposals, joint ventures and / or restructuring as required
- Managing external legal advisers locally and internationally
- Managing and supporting internal projects that support the development of the legal team
The business seeks a lawyer who has the following attributes:
- At least 4 years' PQE from a general corporate team within a top tier law firm (Magic and Silver Circle).
- You may have experience in a broad range of work including private and public M&A, ECM and general corporate advisory
- Outstanding academics and a very strong commercial ethos
- Gravitas to manage and deal with Group Level officers, including the CEO and CFO, but importantly someone who is collaborative and a true team player
- Secondment experience would be advantageous
To apply for this exceptional role directly, please use the link provided. If you would prefer to have a confidential discussion please contact James Franklin, who is acting exclusively for this client, on +44 (0)20 7092 0133
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.