- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Full Stack Developer - 90192255
Posting Range:4 Dec 2018 - Ongoing
At Barclays we have changed the way we design and implement software ensuring our customer is the driving focus. We have removed the layers between the user and the technology team using Agile methodologies to drive feature teams. We have embraced the world of open source technologies to ensure we are evolving with the fast pace world of technology but without putting ourselves at risk. We are now looking to scale our workforce to make sure we aren’t only keeping up with the pace but being the pace setters. Are you interested in joining the new wave of digital banking and being at the fore front of how people interact with money.
About Channels Engineering
Channels Engineering has more than 1000 employees and is responsible for delivering a seamless, end-to-end technology solution to its clients, supporting the vision and strategy for Technology & Operations across Barclays. Our mandate is to drive digital simplification and mass automation for our customers & colleagues, enabled by a relentless commitment to a number of key priorities: simplify our technology estate, optimize the way we work, automate customer and colleague journeys, standardize and automate our controls and drive the digital strategy. This focus is underpinned by two fundamental principles: protect our service; and inspire, empower, develop and reward our people. Our technology platforms support a wide range of services, including Transactional Products, Savings, Loans, Mortgages, Investments, FX, Cash and Transactions, Trade & Working Capital, Debt and Payments.
Overall purpose of role
Due to exciting growth across our dedicated Channels Engineering team we’re looking for some OOP superstars with a taste for cutting some sensational Java.
We want you to be as passionate about technology as we are and in return we promise to help you become the best dev you can be within an exciting Extreme programming, TDD environment working on “best in class” software within the Financial Services Industry.
· Working as a software engineer with a focus on Java
· Happy to keep an open mind and learn new programming concepts
· Working in an E2E development environment to produce the best code possible
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
· Promote and drive stewardship and application best practices within the development team
· Strong knowledge of emerging software development methods, tools and standards and actively keep this knowledge current.
· Champion innovation by recognising newly arising opportunities for improving customer satisfaction, achieving technical excellence and improving the delivery of a software product.
· Identify own and others development needs and seek opportunities to address these needs through guidance, coaching and formal training.
· Ability to be able to provide succinct details in written format and verbally to Stakeholders
Decision-making and Problem Solving
· Manage business requirements to understand how system requirements fit within overall business solution. Challenge any requirements that are incomplete or do not provide sufficient clarity to support effective software development.
· Manage requirements to understand how both functional and non-functional aspects (e.g. capacity, availability, response times, etc.) need to be met.
· Manage requirements to understand how they will be tested following production of code.
· Analysis and understanding of customer needs and priorities to provide quality services.
· Extensive experience in creative problem solving and successfully executing tasks.
· Strong experience in explaining, advocating and expressing facts and ideas in a variety of settings orally, in presentations and in writing.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Frameworkand internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.