- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Full-stack Developer - 90222954
Posting Range:12 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Full-Stack Developer
We are looking for a Senior Web Developer to join our greenfield software engineering team, someone with proven experience developing and supporting web applications that utilise the latest technologies across the stack. This is a significant position in the team that requires a very talented developer that has a strong understanding of programming, excellent front end development skills, aesthetic sensitivity, and lots of tech savvy.
What will you be doing?
• You’ll have obsessive attention to detail and write exceptionally clean and easy to understand code in order to allow collaboration between internal team members and partners.
• You’ll work across the full project lifecycle from grooming the backlog with the Product Owner, User Experience Designers and the wider team.
• You’ll be involved in ideation and innovation, gathering (and challenging) details where necessary, understanding the user journey and crafting code
• You will be helping others to code, setting out what you expect from the back end development members of the team to deliver brand new features.
• Finally, experience integrating Front End code into Back End systems will really make you stand out for this position, as well as strong working knowledge of responsive, accessible web design.
What we’re looking for:
• Experience working with REST compliant web services
• Proven Application Development experience
• Pair Programming advocate
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of designing scalable server-side web applications
• Commitment to code quality with experience of automated testing techniques (both static and dynamic)
• Advocate for clean, well-written, accessible code
• Testing and performance optimisation
Where will you be working?
We are set in the beautiful countryside of Knutsford, and have lots to on offer to our employees including: Dress down code every day, an onsite gym, remote working, Starbucks, family fun days, Astro turf, Tennis courts and much more. We also offer a free shuttle bus service from Knutsford train station to the site in the morning and from the site back to the train station in the evening.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.