- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £35,000.00 - £45,000.00 gross per year
- BRISTOL AVON
What's in it for you?
The opportunity to get amongst a group of passionate and talented people that are all about creating innovative solutions- in a competitive market with a company who are disrupting it! You will be a part of a dynamic and vibrant environment which holds loads of good will - that all collaboratively work in a collective way. As well as learning loads of new skills in a fast paced environment, you will have the opportunity to work in a 21st century style of flexible - with a bring your dog to work policy! You will never get bored with a fast paced environment, annual salary reviews and bonus, and optional requests box for any other benefits that you require!
As a Full Stack PHP Developer, you will work alongside other Software Engineers to ensure the design, delivery and implementation of all projects in line with the customer vision and all responsibilities are conducted in a professional manner. To engage in a collaborative customer journey, that is focussed on achieving the overall project objectives whilst ensuring a positive customer experience on cool projects!
- Deliver on projects, packages of work and individual tasks to agreed deadlines.
- Work with Grade 3 Software Engineers in providing realistic time estimations and in identifying and resolving any completion risks.
- Demonstrate an understanding of customer needs in both technical discussions and timescales, budgets and risks.
- Use PHP with existing frameworks (you can choose the ones you like - Laravel, Symfony, Yii, CodeIgniter, Zend) and develop new frameworks in R&D time.
- Utilise all resources effectively to ensure that no duplication of work or code occurs and works efficiently.
- Ensure that the code you work with is scalable and future proof in such a way that it is easy
- to extend, understand and build on for other engineers.
- Create specification documents by providing accurate technical information and supported
- research findings.
- Clearly document complex bodies of work to enable other engineers to diagnose potentialproblems with ease.
- Ensure that all work undertaken either extends or improves the current functionality andpreserves the customer experience, with no negative impact on the existing system.
- Proactively develop technical skills and keep awareness of developments in the industry to
- support delivering what we do well.
- Help develop and define processes and procedures to improve working practices.
- Partner with the Infrastructure Team to develop and improve infrastructure delivery.
- Any other responsibilities as may reasonably be required in your role.
- The ability and drive to develop skill sets in other areas of development.
- Knowledge and experience of version control systems.
- Knowledge and experience of a project management tool, such as Jira.
In the 15 years that they've been established, they've invested a lot of time into their company culture and the respect for their employees is highly important to them. They review benefits on an annual basis, with the intentions of always getting better and better. The management have been noted as 'supportive and friendly', where everyone is on the same page. They have a collective positive attitude which reflects from every employee, to every customer that they work with. They are known for supporting people through times of need- whilst delivering fantastic solutions, getting the job done with a 'work hard, play hard' culture, whilst continuing to grow and expand at a rapid pace. Lastly, they recognise that your time with them is not just about delivering exceptional projects - but also developing yourself as a professional. In return for your efforts, you will receive personal development plans with yearly salary reviews. You will also be provided with a strong opportunity to join a bunch of bright minds where you will continue to grow, learn and excel in a hub of talent. They are home to some of the most talented and inventive IT professionals that exist and nurture talent whilst providing opportunity with great training. You will always be 'on top' will the opportunities provided, attending technology conferences and playing with innovative solutions.
The company have high staff retention rates, a 'family' feel environment and are known for having great scope in terms of career progression and growth- what they are looking for is someone to grow and thrive with them.
- 5 hours a week - Core working hours 10-4
- Remote working days
- Bring your dog to work
- 3% Pension Contribution (8% with yours)
- Single Private healthcare (You can add family members with an additional cost)
- 3 x Annual Salary life insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- 24 days holiday
- Christmas Closure
- Annual salary and bonus scheme
- 50% off gym membership
- Exclusive discounts
- Formal flexible working requests
- Free fruit and biscuits
Full Stack PHP Developer - BRISTOL - 45k
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.