- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
My client, a leading consultancy providing IFRS17 solutions to major global insurance companies are seeking an impressive individual to join their team. The chosen individual will join as a member of the Implementation Delivery Practice and report to the Head of Delivery. On a day-to-day basis, working as part of an implementation team, you will report to the Project Manager responsible for client implementation delivery. You will work closely with the Technical lead consultant, Functional Lead consultant and Centre of Excellence Configuration team.As a member of an IFRS17 implementation team, you will be responsible for the definition of the IFRS17 calculation requirements and the sourcing of the relevant data to support the calculation and accounting requirements.
You will define system test cases and participate in the execution of system testing ensuring all IFRS17 calculation parameters have been tested. You will create test cases, test data, and expected results. You will also support the configuration team working with them to ensure the clients specific requirements are met.
Training will be provided prior to the consultant starting a client project.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Qualified accountant with a minimum of 2 years post qualification line accountant experience in the financial services industry – ideally an investment bank, in either product control and similar trade facing area.
- Project experience
- The ideal candidate will understand the accounting life cycle and be able to demonstrate their understanding for 1 or more trading products.
- Highly mathematical, as IFRS17 implementations will require the resource to work with actuaries and be able to understand the actuarial model outputs & processes.
- Team player
- Ability to work with direction
- Ability to own the assigned tasks and work on these independently when required
- Problem solver
- Show initiative, research a problem using all materials available including the internet
- Work effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work with technical resources
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to work within a consulting team
- Ability to work with and liaise with client resources
- Strong Excel skills
- MS-Word, MS-Powerpoint, MS-Visio
- SQL (advantageous, not a must a have)
- Relational database knowledge