- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £23,258.00 - £24,193.00 gross per year
Functional Skills and Employability Tutor - £11,629 - £12,096 per annum (pro rata £23,258 - £24,193) - Norwich, Norfolk - Part Time, Permanent - 18.5 hours per week including Mondays
Offering a friendly working environment and team, and a rewarding and motivating position within a respected charity, we are looking for a qualified teaching professional to support young people between the ages of 16-24 by providing employability training.
The Matthew Project is a value driven charity working across Norfolk and Suffolk giving help and hope through programmes with adults, young people and communities affected by drugs and alcohol.
The Employability Tutor will work within the On Track team. On Track is a project funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery via the Community Fund. It works with 16-24 year olds across Norfolk supporting them into employment, education and training.
The ability to drive and work on Mondays is essential.
Role responsibilities for the Functional Skills and Employability Tutor:
- Provide high quality functional skills and employability training to small groups of 16-24 year olds
- Deliver Functional skills in English and Maths up to level 2
- Prepare a range of exciting employability workshops and training sessions
- Tailor activities to meet the needs of a wide range of learners using BKSB software or similar
- Prepare learners for assessment
- Organise testing on site or off site
- Motivate young people and enjoy helping them achieve their goals around employment, education and training
- Provide one to one coaching and bitesize training interventions to help them meet their goals
- Develop and deliver a range of Employability Training and Events
Requirements for the Functional Skills and Employability Tutor:
- A teaching qualification is essential
- A full driving license and access to vehicle for work use
- Able to work on Mondays
- A friendly, encouraging and motivated individual
- Experience of delivering Employability sessions and working with young people
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Teaching, facilitation and group work skills
- Excellent time management
- Knowledge of the employability curriculum
You will be based at our head office on Oak Street, Norwich but training may be delivered across Norfolk. You will need your own transport for this.
Closing Date: 12pm (noon) on Monday 2nd December
Interview Date: Tuesday 10th December