- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Change Recruitment are working on an exciting new assignment to recruit a Fund Controller, working with a highly regarded Investment Manager based in Edinburgh.
The role sits within an experienced team, however will be required to work independently as well as take ownership of a variety of different funds i.e. pooled, investment, secondaries, infrastructure, listed, equity and debt financing funds - these will also cover many jurisdictions.
You will ideally be a qualified accountant, with a good technical accounting background and be able to demonstrate natural problem solving and challenging skills. Key responsibilities:
- Review quarterly valuations and underlying portfolio analysis
- Monitor cash balances for funds ensuring appropriate cash levels in funds - initiate investor transactions
- Statutory Accounting/Reporting - annual accounts produced, coordinate the process including planning, liaison and agreement with auditors
- Oversight of TPA - capital statements, calculations and reconciliation of quarterly records
- New Fund Launches - ensuring operational aspects of legal documentation is appropriate
- Group and third party reporting
- Business Partnering - front office investment team, directors, finance teams, TPAs, auditors etc.
- Projects - various ongoing continuous improvements, new IT platform, refining of controls process etc.
Ideally you will be a recently Qualified Accountant with a background in Financial Services as well as being a strong communicator with good relationship management skills.