- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
As a Funeral Operative you will provide operational support, assisting with any duties required to ensure that the deceased is looked after in our care and the funeral 'goes to plan'. Funeral Operatives bring the deceased into our care, sometimes under challenging conditions, ensure that at this point, as well as throughout the deceased's time in our care, relevant identification checks, and procedures are adhered to (including the safeguarding of personal effects). Our Funeral Operative duties also include driving and bearing on funeral services, as well as undertaking other tasks required within our funeral branches, the Chapel of Rest, mortuary areas, etc.
Vacancy Description Click here to find out more careers/benefits-of-working-for-the-east-of-england-co-op.
- Liaise with and assist the Funeral Director to ensure that each service is delivered in accordance with the client's wishes
- Drive and bear on funerals. The Funeral Operative may also be asked to drive on other private hires
- To bring the deceased in to our care, sometimes in challenging circumstances. Ensure that at this point, as well as throughout the deceased's time in our care, relevant identification checks, and procedures are adhered to (including the safeguarding of personal effects)
- Where families/clients have requested to do so, attend and support Chapel of Rest visits
- Assist with preparing and dressing of deceased and moving them to rest
- To take the deceased to location (such as a home address or church) prior to the funeral in accordance with the family's/client's wishes
- Assist with the preparation of coffins
- Complete burials of cremated remains, including preparation of plot and transfer of remains into correct urn/casket. Ensure that all associated paperwork is accurately completed
- Assist with any other duties required to ensure the smooth running of a funeral, e.g. floral tributes, order of service, donations, pew cards, marker cross etc.
- To demonstrate a professional standard of appearance and service at all times towards families/clients, congregations, crematorium staff, cemetery staff, Ministers, etc.
- To be responsible for the cleanliness and hygiene of the back of house (including the garage, transit, preparation and mortuary areas)
- Ensure that vehicles are cleaned and maintained to an exemplary standard, and that they are fully stocked with the correct equipment at all time
- Ensure that compliance with statutory and Society processes and guidelines is upheld at all times, including health and safety
The Ideal Candidate
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional and empathetic approach
- The ability to work well as part of a team, as well as independently under own initiative
- Attention to detail (in work, as well as own conduct and presentation)
About The Company As a co-op we're a different type of business. We're owned by our members and we work for the benefit of people and our communities, not just for profit. We're driven by our democratic values which are based around being fair, doing the right thing and caring for all those we deal with. This includes our customers, our suppliers, our environment and each other. We expect colleagues who work with us to share these values. We're still a business and we work in a very competitive area so it's still important that we're efficient and work to the highest professional standards.
Click here to find out more /.