- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- An exciting opportunity for an experienced Garment Technologist to join a well established manufacturer and supplier of young ladies fast fashion who also have their own label.
- Carrying out garment fits for both knits and wovens, taking note of required alterations for the desired fit of the garment.
- Communicating fit comments and sample amendments to suppliers and factories in a clear, concise and timely manner, working to the critical path.
- Working out size specifications, issuing tech packs and graded specs to the factory.
- Carrying out quality evaluations to ensure that the bulk production meets required specifications.
- Carrying out checks for bulk production, comparing with approved fits/specs and ensuring that the fit is consistent across the range, making sure that garments meet quality and standards needed.
- Documenting all changes and fit adjustments, comments and measurements systematically.
- Ensuring all technical details/updates are passed over to merchandising so that critical paths can be kept up to date.
- Conducting investigations if bulk is not as per approvals, liaising with suppliers and factories on required changes.
- Processing claims if the bulk is not as per approval/the product is not moving fast/returns are high.
- Ensuring all suppliers follow supplier compliance.
- Reading and providing advice on test reports and the suitability of fabrics.
- Working alongside Designers, Buyers and Merchandisers to improve production efficiency and quality.
- Liaising with suppliers involved in the production process.
- Relevant qualification at degree or equivalent level in fashion and textiles.
- Experience of fitting, grading, pattern adjustments, garment construction and quality standards.
- Adequate experience gained with a retailer or supplier working with a diverse mix of womenswear (knits, wovens, jersey etc).
- Knowledge of production methods.
- Understanding of textile properties.
- Proven ability to convey technical detail clearly.
- Proficient user of Illustrator, Photoshop or any other CAD programs and Microsoft and Excel.
- Exceptional communication, organisation and prioritisation skills.
Tagged Resources Limited acts as an employment agency. We have 25 years of Recruitment and Industry experience, working with Retail and Supply Chain markets and have various positions available. If this vacancy does not suit your experience and you are looking for a suitable role please look at our website or follow us on social networking sites. All are updated on a daily basis.