- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Borough of Torbay
Position SummaryAt Coconino Community College, our team of committed faculty is as diverse and as inspiring as our student body. Join us and make CCC an even stronger community of opportunity.
We are recruiting an instructor to help facilitate our Maintenance Technician (CAMT) course in Page and other locations in Coconino County. Instruction is geared towards general maintenance technicians and uses the certified Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT) materials. The non-credit course gives students all skills necessary to be employed as an apartment maintenance technician. As part of the course, the students are able to take multiple industry certification tests (EPA 608, PEX, Omegaflex, etc.) as well as the National CAMT exam.
Teaching assignments may include alternative delivery methods (such as hybrid or online instruction), day, evening, and weekend classes, and may be at multiple sites. Part-time faculty must be able to work collegially in a team environment. This is a temporary, non-benefits eligible position. Employment is determined on a course to course, semester to semester basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach assigned courses, adhering to course outlines and student learning objectives.
- Keep and submit all essential instructional records according to the College calendar including reporting progress and attendance.
- Notify Extended Learning Executive Director in case of absence from class. Work to find substitute to cover class when at all possible.
- Follow all college policies.
- Respond to student inquiries in a timely manner.
- Check CCC email and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Remain current in practices, trends, and research related to discipline area.
- Follow the same accepted standards of conduct as the full-time faculty as described in applicable administrative procedures which relate to satisfactory service and conduct becoming a faculty member.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to teach assigned course effectively. Knowledge of the subject area, computer and related technology (including Learning Management System). Ability to maintain professional ethics and confidentiality of students and staff. Ability to support and promote the mission, values, purposes, and strategic plan of the College. Ability to work in a culturally diverse and team environment. Ability to integrate subject area with other related curricula. Knowledge of the applicable state and federal laws, such as Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- One year experience as an maintenance technician, general construction or equivalent experience.
- CAMT certificate or the ability to attend courses taught in Flagstaff to obtain certifications.
Please see specific College procedure on minimum credential requirements by clicking here.
* Official transcripts are required to be submitted prior to any formal interview. Unofficial transcripts are accepted during the application process only.