- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- England GB
. Astute has exclusively and proudly partnered with Covanta/ Rookery South Ltd to provide a General Manager for the Rookery South Energy Recovery Facility. Once constructed, this plant will process 545,000 tones of household, commercial and non-hazardous industrial waste, generating over 60 megawatts and powering over 112,500 homes.
When completed the facility will create over 50 new permanent vacancies and provide a vital link to the local area. Not only as part of the local waste management plan but providing an educational outreach program through the facilities visitor center.
With commercial operation planned for 2022, we are looking for a General Manager to join the Owning Company to ensure all business, finance and contractual processes are established prior to first fire. The General Manager role takes responsibility for the long-term performance of the asset and its ability to generate money sustainably and will manage the relationships with all external parties.
This post requires the candidate to have a blend of technical competence, strong management skills, commercial and financial awareness and the attributes to act as the public face of the Rookery South ERF.
Reporting into a board of Directors that is made up of three stakeholder entities, you will hold ultimate responsibility for..
- Ensuring that the facility delivery on / exceeds financial targets set by the board. Alongside pushing innovation and chairing new ideas to increase revenue.
- All waste planning activities with the fuel supplier. This includes annual budgeting and forecasting for production.
- Managing the operational performance of the facility, working with Covanta to uphold the operations contract and partnering with the Facility Manager to ensure best practice.
- Creating and managing strategic business development opportunities for new types and volumes of waste. Alongside promoting the plans district heating potential for additional business.
- Acting as the face of the plant, managing the outreach, community and communication activities with local stakeholders.
- Monthly reports for the board - (Financial, Operations, Contractual)
- Managing the sites monthly forecast, annual budget and long-term planning processes.
- Financial management of the plants key contracts. The Candidate
Candidates will hold a unique blend of technical understanding (ideally gained in the Waste Management / Power Generation / Energy from Waste sectors) coupled with a demonstrable knowledge of finance and business planning activities.
The skills and experience required include…
- Business or Engineering / Technical Degree. Candidates with an MBA and Engineering qualification is desired, or those with extensive experience.
- Strong management skill.
- Experience in managing profit and loss, budgets and forecasts.
- A strong knowledge of the waste industry / power generation sector would be advantageous.
- Solid analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Stakeholder management.
- The people skills required to manage all external communications with local organizations authorities and stakeholders.
- An entrepreneurial flare, needed to identity, establish and develop new revenue streams. What's on offer.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this new business in establishing the Rookery South ERF, providing an exciting challenge for someone looking to develop the business around a flagship energy from waste facility.
For this role an attractive salary and benefits package is on offer.
How to apply
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
About the company