- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
German Investment Director, Significant Family Office, Direct Investments, London or Stuttgart
This family office has an industrial heritage dating back to the early part of the 20 th century and brings a similarly far sighted horizon to its new investment strategy, using the flexibility of a single investor to offer portfolio companies a differentiated and stable partnership. Since early 2016, the firm has been developing its strategy and team to build a diversified portfolio of businesses and grow them over the long term. The investment scope is generalist, with a particular interest in industrial services, healthcare and education; the firm considers opportunities in the DACH region, the UK and the Benelux markets.
The DACH region is a key target market and the firm wishes to recruit a senior German investment professional at Director level to lead its activities in this space. The position may be based either in London or in Stuttgart and will include leadership of relevant deal sourcing and analysis, full execution workstreams and active portfolio management. In a young and ambitious management team, this position will have significant influence on strategy and the growth of the firm as well as a central deal-making role.
- Represent the business across the DACH market, building a network of owners, targets and intermediaries and driving deal origination.
- Lead the analysis of new investment opportunities and deeper due diligence as necessary, leading to full investment committee process.
- Manage the wider investment team through execution and negotiations.
- Active portfolio management alongside operational colleagues and portfolio management teams.
- You should bring several years investment experience in a recognised mid-sized private equity firm or family office, with a strong track record.
- Most likely, you will have begun your career in a leading investment bank in M&A or leverage finance, and bring strong financial and project management skills
- An active network across the DACH market and the dynamic, outward-facing personality to harness this and generate significant dealflow.
- An entrepreneurial mindset to build a new investment champion, to engage target companies and owners and to inspire, train and lead younger colleagues
- Native German / fluent English and the willingness to travel regularly to targets and portfolio companies across the DACH region.
- ms project