- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
ghd celebrates its 18th birthday in 2019 and we’re a young company that’s achieved great things by creating a best in class range of products that are loved by stylists and consumers alike. We remain fiercely ambitious, with big growth plans, exciting new innovation in the pipeline and geographic expansion.
At the heart of the ghd brand is our founding ethos - the spirit of transformation. We’re passionate about working with people who share this value. Together we can continue to build on our success and remain one of the world’s leading hair styling brands.
What’s the Job? Reporting to the Head of Salon Sales, you will be responsible for leading a team of field based Account Managers to deliver the salon sales strategy within your assigned territory, provide training to further develop the team’s sales capabilities and champion service excellence with the aim of generating revenues that will lead to sustainable growth.
This role will cover the areas in the South of the Country, covering South West, South East, London and surrounding areas.
What will I do?
- Deliver all territory targets and KPIs’ as set out by the business.
- Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth.
- Forecasting annual, quarterly and monthly sales.
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with Key Accounts.
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management.
- Analyse territory results and trends and identify and report new opportunities for growth.
- Collaborate with the Education team to develop & drive all areas of in-salon training/education/new product launches/seminars.
- Cover vacant sales territories when required.
- Build collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
- Review regional expenses and recommend improvements.
- Develop and coach a highly motivated, successful team of Account Managers to drive and deliver results in line with agreed objectives and KPIs/Targets.
- Complete monthly accompaniments with Account Managers and evaluate performance using the 6 steps within myCoach.
- Conduct meaningful Annual performance appraisals with the Account Managers, developing effective development plans and setting clear objectives. Ensure regular reviews throughout the year to ensure Account Managers are on track and performing to their potential
- Analyse the training needs within your territory and work with HR to ensure these training requirements are met.
- First point of escalation for day to day questions/opportunities from the Account Managers.
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement of everyone's role.
- Support with the recruitment, onboarding and induction of new talent.
- Lead monthly team meetings and other training meetings to educate and deliver strategies to the sales team.
- Ensure appropriate confidentiality, professional etiquette and respect for colleagues at all times.
What skills and qualities will I need?
- Entrepreneurial mindset and great leadership skills.
- Proven coaching and team development skills.
- Flexible approach to your work with the ability to develop and implement a business strategy
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
- Good analytical thinking and attention to detail whilst retaining the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proven account management or other relevant experience ideally involved with professional salon product sales
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Ability to work under pressure within deadlines
- Computer literate with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Full driving licence
Job Type: Full-time
- Salon Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Area Sales: 2 years (Preferred)