- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Description :
At Diageo, Character is Everything
For Diageo to become a World Class Sales organization, we will need to deliver significant shifts in delivering executional excellence and in turn, volume, value, and margin growth via best in class planning processes.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join a high performing, dynamic Global sales team within the NRM & Planning function, supporting the delivery of what will no doubt be a key driver in embedding our commercial strategy
This is a global role with broad geographical diversity. It will require up to 40% travel. Please note, we cannot progress applicants who do not have permanent right to work in the UK.
Market Complexity: The scope of this role is global, but presents an opportunity to have full ownership of partnering with key markets yet to be defined.
Purpose of Role / Key responsibilities:
1. Support Head of Global Planning in delivering our price mix and margin ambition via a strong executional strategy
- Strong understanding of pricing, promo, and category levers to plan and deliver against our P&L objectives
- Support the delivery of a 3 year planning roadmap to drive continuous improvement.
- Work with finance and marketing to ensure Global sales is fully connected to other planning and performance management processes.
2. Partner with markets to embed world class planning processes locally
- Act as a key business partner for markets to support the embedding of Commercial Planning processes (from strategy to execution). Provide governance, support and coaching to ensure the capability, behavior, data, technology, and change structure are in place to do so.
- Take global best practice and make it locally relevant, while ensuring that local examples of brilliant planning are built into our ongoing improvement ethos
3. Partner with global functions and teams across the business to deliver a simple, agile, cross-functional commercial planning process that continually enables growth
- Act as an enabler to deliver our NRM and Execution ambitions via best in class planning, while constantly looking at ways to improve and benchmark performance against other top performing CPGs.
- Work closely with Global functions (Customer and Brand Marketing, Finance, strategy) to drive simplification, embed revenue management, and drive clarity across an end to end planning approach
- Partner with DBS to ensure we have the right tools to manage, integrate and track our plans, and partner with the capability teams to drive in market capability
- 4. Delivery of tools, content, and training that will drive commercial rigour within the Plans
- Ownership of the development of content to engage and excite our markets on the benefits brilliant plans will deliver, and provide guidance and support to drive capability and change within market.
Seek best practice examples both internally and externally to leverage
Creating the Conditions for people to Succeed – Proven ability to inspire the organisation, shape and articulate the future for our ways of working and influence outcomes at all levels.
Creating Possibilities – A change agent who acts with speed and agility, and is fearless in challenging the status quo on planning to drive brilliant execution and deliver the strategy.
Consistently Delivering Great Performance - Must be able to synthesize different sources of data to draw insights and actionable recommendations (e.g., structure the problem, collect data, identify issues, and present results) – and really deliver strategy into action.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A min of 5 years commercial experience, preferably in Sales, Customer Marketing, and Transformational roles
- Experience in Revenue Management and Channel/Customer planning.
- Ability to translate complex data into valuable insights
- Demonstration of transformation leadership, ideally within a CPG or consultancy, or other multinational organization
- A strong ability to prioritise and make tough decisions in the interests of Diageo
- Right to work in the UK
Barriers to Success in Role
- Lack of experience with customers or consumers
- Limited planning/strategy understanding and/or the ability to engage and influence globally diverse markets
- Low levels of stakeholder management, alignment and influencing skills
- Lack of commercial depth
- Limited experience of change management
Worker Type :
Park Royal 7HQ
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :
About the company
British multinational alcoholic beverages company headquartered in London, England. It is the world's largest producer of spirits and a major producer of beer and wine.
Diageo's brands include Smirnoff (the world's best-selling vodka), Johnnie Walker (the world's best-selling blended Scotch whisky), Baileys (the world's best-selling liqueur), and Guinness (the world's best-selling stout). It also owns 34% of Moët Hennessy, which owns brands including Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot and Hennessy.