- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £50,000.00 - £60,000.00 gross per year
- Great Shelford
Global Project Manager - Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full-Time, Contract - 6 Month fixed term
About The Role:
Abcam is a global life sciences company providing highly validated antibodies and other binders and assays to the research and clinical communities to help advance the understanding of biology and causes of disease.
Our mission is to serve life scientists to help them achieve their mission faster by listening to their needs, continuously innovating and improving and by giving them the tools, data and experience they want. Our ambition is to become the most influential life science company for researchers worldwide.
Position Summary: Using broad knowledge of Abcam projects approach, lead and execute a series of core strategic projects for the Global Manufacturing & Supply Chain function. Many of the projects will also require cross-functional teams to implement successfully. Responsible to work directly with key business stakeholders to understand strategic initiatives required to support overall business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working with stakeholders to map out and deliver exactly what is needed to land change successfully
• Acting jointly as programme oversight as well as direct project manager for some projects.
• Reporting progress against plan weekly and managing risks and issues
• Supporting the VP, LBPO / Global Logistics in coordinating cross-workstream change activities and ensuring efficiency and consistency of change planning
• Develop projects and project plans
• Chasing down external blockers, resolving conflicts and supporting the Project Owners
• Be the key point of contact for Project deliveries across the Business
• Communication of project status and progress to business stakeholders
• Address resourcing issues and understanding future availability of resource
• Able to articulate Business goals, risks, issues, dependencies across projects
You will hold a BS degree in Business, Operations / Engineering, or Supply Chain Management (or equivalent) an MBA wuld be advantageous but not essential.
You will have significant experience in Operations / Project environment; preferably experience in a biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Competent at managing your own work and collaborate as a team player
• Strong communication skills, written and oral
• Pro-active/forward thinker
• Ability to influence across business and departments
• Strong consultative, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Supply chain experience, working with cross functional teams in a fast-paced company
• Familiarity with world-class sourcing methods and tools
• Excellent at coaching and developing others
• Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, global, team environment and adapt to change
If this sounds like you and you'd like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers' success and their research needs.
It's our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you'll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
If this sounds like you and you'd like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences and you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance!
No agencies please
- trades and professions