- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
GPP Developer - 90223296
Posting Range:28 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: GPP Developer
You will work as part of the team which undertakes development, test environment support and implementation work principally in regards Global PayPlus (Finastra product). GPP Technology and development skill is must for this position.
You will be accountable to the Lead for the development of assigned software components within a project, executing scripts to deploy GPP and GPP setup in test environments, apply GPP setup, investigate issues with GPP encountered during testing, and agreed delivery timetable is met.
What will you be doing?
• Develop software following agreed standards (such as coding standards, UI style guide, help provisioning, error logging etc) using agreed development and code management tools
• Adhere to code cntrol / code management procedures and standards at all times
• Undertake software unit testing and software component testing, documenting tests and results to the required standards
• Create unit test specifications for software components to be developed
• Apply the Business Setup Document in Test environments
• Verify and Reconcile the Business setup in Test environment
• Support and Maintain Oracle Packages/Stored Procedure codes
• Working on Defects to resolve setup/environment issues
What we’re looking for:
• GPP Technology and development skill is must for this position
• Thorough knowledge of C++ technology and Oracle PL/SQL
• MQ, UNIX scripting
• Basic knowledge of JAVA
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Cloud, Docker, AWS and dev-ops tools
Where will you be working?
We are set in the beautiful countryside of Knutsford, and have lots to on offer to our employees including: Dress down code every day, an onsite gym, remote working, Starbucks, family fun days, Astro turf, Tennis courts and much more. We also offer a free shuttle bus service from Knutsford train station to the site in the morning and from the site back to the train station in the evening.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.