- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Completed or currently on a Bachelors/ Master’s degree related to Computer Science/ Engineering/ Networking/ Information Technology/ Information Systems/ Mathematics/ Physics.
- Programming experience in any preferred language
- Academic and/or practical experience in two or more of the following areas: networking, security, storage, database, architecture/infrastructure/OS and web or application development.
- Experience using and adapting to new technologies with strong motivation to learn new technical skills
- Fluent proficiency in English
- Must be able to relocate and work for the first 6 months in our Spanish office in Madrid
At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptional talent, and bright, driven people. Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a leader in Cloud Computing, is seeking early career talent to join our AWS Graduate Program. This is a unique opportunity for driven, self-starters to play a key role in a fast-growing business, and to deliver significant value to AWS customers of all sizes from nimble startups to global brands.
The AWS Graduate Program is an accelerated career development program for new graduates who want to advance their skills and help customers design flexible and resilient cloud-based solutions. This residency program consists of two phases: a six-month academic curriculum followed by three to six months of experiential learning in the field. You will learn from top AWS subject matter experts and get paid while you train for an exciting career in the Tech Industry.
This program will start in September 2019 and the six-month residency program will be based in our Madrid offices. If you excel in this phase, you will be relocated to you the country for which you were initially offered the role where you'll work & learn in the field
This is one of the most challenging and exciting roles in the IT industry today. We work with cutting edge technologies supporting the largest and most innovative businesses, non-profits and government agencies around the world. This is a an unparalleled opportunity to leapfrog your peers and take a leadership role helping AWS to transform the way the world uses technology to solve their business challenges. The skills and experiences you gain will be highly sought after throughout the industry and give you the opportunity for the career of a lifetime.
If you have a deep passion for utilizing technology to empower businesses and a love for collaborating with technology and business leaders then the AWS Graduate program is the ideal place for you.
- Cloud Awareness: Experience implementing a cloud-based technology solution in a school project or while working for a company desired.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Experience working within the software development or Internet industries is highly desired
- Troubleshooting: Experience with QA, testing, helpdesk, IT support, or any technician or quality assurance type work desired.
- Experience managing application stacks from the OS up through custom applications or experience designing or implementing distributed systems, algorithms and relational databases desired
- Knowledge of programming or other scripting languages and coding skills (C/C++/C#, Node.JS, Java, Python, PHP, and Ruby) desired.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of Networking (DNS, TCP/IP, VPN, Load Balancing), Security, Databases (Relational and/or NoSQL), Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows) desired.
- Experience with one or more of the following domains: systems administration (Linux/Window), network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing), or programming (Node.JS, Java, Ruby, C#, Python, or PHP) desired.
- Working knowledge of AWS services, such as Elastic Compute Cloud, Elastic Block Storage, and Simple Storage Service desired.
Application and Assessment Process
Eligible candidates will be invited to attend an online assessment. If successful after this, candidates will be invited to complete a technical phone screen. Candidates who pass the technical phone screen will then be invited to attend an in-house assessment centre. This selection process is subject to change but you will be notified if any changes are made.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
EU Student Programs Team