- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
GROUNDS MAINTENANCE WORKER
Salary: £18,795 - £19,171 pa
Hours: 37 per week
Do you enjoy the outdoors and looking for a varied role as a Groundsworker?
Have you got experience as a gardener or grounds worker? Are you looking to progress into gardening / groundwork and have relative skills that are from a previous job role that you have done?
We are looking are looking for people who are willing to learn, have a strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
- You will be covering all aspects of grounds maintenance within parks, public spaces, cemeteries, highways, conservations areas, and other green environments.
- Undertake grass cutting duties using hand and ride on mowers, strimmer’s and other equipment, ensuring parks, verges, open spaces and other sites are left clean, tidy and maintained.
- Carry out general garden maintenance and horticultural duties, assisting in minor landscaping works such as the planting of shrubs and trees.
- General maintenance work including cleaning hard surfaces, trimming and reducing hedges, cutting quality and amenity grass, maintaining beds and borders and assisting in the control of weed growth by the application of herbicides.
- Setting out and marking sports areas undertaking groundsman duties required in the maintenance of sports pitches.
- Assist in the collection fly tips and emptying of bins etc. on public open space.
- Use powered hand tools such as brush cutters, powered pruners, long reach pruners, pedestrian mowers etc.
You will have:
- Work experience within a groundswork job role, or relative skills from another job role (outdoors / construction / retail).
- Have an understanding of the basic principles of garden, horticultural or grounds maintenance
- Demonstrate the practical skills needed to operate powered hand tools safely.
- A full driving licence to at least category B for manual transmission vehicles you will need to be competent to drive vehicles up to maximum 3500kg MAM.
- Be physically fit and able to work outdoors in inclement weather throughout the year.
- Ability to read and follow written works instructions and complete paper records accurately
Interested? We look forward to hearing from you!
For further information: Call Gary Meddick on Tel: 01454 863696
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Groundworker: 1 year (Preferred)
Flexible Working Options Available: