- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £25,000.00 - £40,000.00 gross per year
- South Ayrshire
Adecco have an exciting role in today for a Group Buyer from a life Science background to join our local client in South Ayrshire, due to growth within the company.
Our client specialises in the manufacture and supply of diagnostic testing kits and services within the food and drinks industry and through our innovative products and services they have gained an enviable reputation for excellence.
You will have many responsibilities, some include:
- Assisting the Materials Manager to deliver against the annual savings plan by identifying, achieving and recording cost savings
- Monitor costs within budget associated with bid/projects negotiating with suppliers where appropriate
- Optimise supply and support costs to improve the profitability of the company
- Ensure that preferred supplier agreements are used in all cases where appropriate Issue requests for quotations to suppliers where necessary
- Negotiate the payment terms to suit the business needs
- Managing the vetting and selecting of new suppliers in conjunction with QA Manager
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers to ensure quality, delivery, specification, service, and cost requirements are met
- Have Knowledge and ability to implement Terms and Conditions for the supply of Goods and Services
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Work collaboratively and negotiate and engage with all Materials Planners and suppliers regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
- Attend meetings and update others on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk which could prevent the organisation meeting customer demands
To be considered you must have the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Background in life sciences (life science, food related or other technical degree desirable)
- Current driving licence. Although predominantly based in Ayr, must be willing to visit other sites and suppliers as required
- Excellent communication (Verbal & Written) skills
- Excellent organisation skills
If you would like to discuss further please contact us today.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
- Procurement & Supply chain