- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £60,000.00 - £75,000.00 gross per year
Group Financial Accountant
Salary: £60k-£75k per annum plus Bonus
Origin Multilingual is proud to announce, we are searching for a Group Financial Accountant to join our client an Oil Exploration and production company.
The Group Financial Accountant will be the in-house technical accounting expert with extensive knowledge of upstream oil and gas, and tasked with providing leadership to the business in all areas of IFRS accounting.
The successful candidate will stay informed of IFRS accounting policy changes relevant to our client's document policy changes and ensure those changes are implemented in the subsidiary companies.
They will also be required to implement a vigorous consolidation process, to ensure the Group accounting policies and compliance with IFRS are respected.
They will be the focal point for all reporting requirements in the client's Corporate office, which includes board reporting, working capital reviews and ad hoc requirements for shareholders and lenders.
They will be performing the accounting for non-Gabon companies in the Client's Group and will be a key member of the Management of the Group capital structure.
They will be leading projects aligned to the continuous improvement of the Finance function and the Financial performance of the Group.
The successful candidate will develop a detailed knowledge of the client's operations to analyse financial information and provide support and advice to the wider business when required.
The role will require occasional travel to both Gabon and Bangalore to work with local finance staff and shared service support teams.
· Perform the accounting for non-Gabon group companies and deliver the group consolidation to the Group Finance Manager on a monthly basis.
· Act as the technical lead to deliver the Group audit and consolidated year-end audited financial statements.
· Stay informed of IFRS policy changes relevant to the client; document the impact of the policy change and implement in the business.
· Perform balance sheet reconciliations for non-Gabon entities on a quarterly basis to ensure integrity of financial statement balances.
· Ensure that Net Debt/EBITDAX ratios are prepared in accordance with Reserve Based Lending requirements and submitted to lenders together with the half year and full year financial statements.
· Responsible for verification and obtaining US director sign off on hedging trade confirmations.
· Support the preparation of the client's monthly Management Report and Board packs by providing results and analysis to the CFO and Group Finance Manager.
· Understand and review client's Gabon working capital position and communicate movements to client's Senior Leadership team.
· Lead projects to support the development of the Group Finance function.
· Lead projects to optimise the Group Financial performance.
· Ad hoc group reporting support to the CFO, Group Finance Manager and Corporate Finance Manager.
· Regular interaction with client's senior leadership team; Corporate finance team; Gabon finance manager and financial controller; external auditors and external finance/tax consultants.
· Approve any changes required to the Group Chart of Accounts.
· Bank approvals for client's UK payment runs including the settlement of monthly payroll to UK employees.
· ACA or equivalent.
· Big four accounting practices with experience in Oil and Gas. (Desirable)
· Advanced IT skills (Word, Excel, MS Outlook, PowerPoint).
· Fluent in English (French is a bonus). Optional French lessons are provided in the office each week.
· Professional attitude.
· Strong communication skills and confident dealing with various stakeholders.
· Good team player.
· Ability to work unsupervised and to a high standard with good attention to detail.
· A self-driver who is hard working, committed, reliable and takes accountability for their actions.
· Resilience and ability to adapt to change.
If this sounds like the role for you then contact Marcus at Origin Multilingual today to begin your application