- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We're the UK leader in connected healthcare software and services.
Our solutions are widely used across every major UK healthcare setting, from primary and community care to high street pharmacies, secondary care and specialist services.
Dedicated to creating and implementing innovative IT solutions, we're giving healthcare professionals access to the information they need to provide better, faster and cheaper patient care.
The Group IT Service Desk provides end user support to EMIS Group staff.
The purpose of this job
The purpose of the Group IT Service Desk Team Lead is to support the Group IT Service Desk Manager in mentoring, resourcing and motivating Service Desk Technicians to deliver continually improving standards of support to its customers.
The main accountabilities
- Understand, clearly log, diagnose and resolve technical support and service requests from customers ensuring their support demands are met and their experience with Group IT is positive
- Work closely with colleagues across the business to achieve positive outcomes
- Complete standard scheduled / maintenance tasks when required
- Communicate with customers to ensure that objectives are clear and that expectations are set accordingly
- Assigning workloads to resource the team effectively, to ensure that all the key functions of the department are achieved and ensure the team is responding appropriately to change in demand
- Mentoring and supporting the team members to ensure morale and output remain high
- Monitoring daily inputs and outputs to allow dynamic adaption to change in demand
- First responder to escalation requests, responding within 8 working hours
- Bring to the attention of the Group IT Service Desk Manager, any major issues, obstacles or delays that may lead to wider problems if not addressed with the appropriate priority.
- The Group IT Service Desk Team supports a growing client and user base in EMIS Group, currently around 2000 users
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Eagerness to work in a growing, busy support environment with continual opportunities to learn and teach
- Ideally 5 years' experience in an IT support role including leadership experience
- Full Driving license
- An understanding of IT service management disciplines, ideally using the ITIL framework
- Willingness to be mentor to team members and reliable escalation point for customers
- Knowledge of modern IT systems (mainly Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office products)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- A friendly and professional manner
- Ability to work flexibly
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Self-motivation to deliver the required results
- Confidence in the ability to work to deadlines
What we'll give you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll get a benefits package which includes things like a pension, life assurance, gym discounts, a cycle to work scheme and even free fruit all week!
We also take our corporate social responsibility pretty seriously and we believe in giving back to our community, so you'll get the chance to be involved in lots of fundraising events throughout the year.
Our latest one was a challenge to complete up to a 100km walk over 24hrs across the Peak District!
So if this snapshot of the role looks interesting, click apply.
If you don't apply now, the job may vanish, but don't panic; sign up for our job alerts and we'll keep you updated.
- customer service