- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Guidewire Consultant, Business Analyst, FS ConsultingPwC Guidewire Practice
PwC proudly have a strong presence globally with Guidewire, in particular across the US, Canada and Australia. We are continuing to expand our consulting practice throughout the UK and the wider European insurance markets.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for the right candidate to be part of the successful EMEA Alliance between Guidewire and PwC, an already $250m business globally, with huge potential for growth.
There is a fantastic opportunity to work with the largest Insurers across in the UK and Europe to drive forward the expansion of this practice , and jump start the PwC Guidewire Technology Consulting business in the UK.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a Business Analyst or Business Systems Analyst; or as a Functional Subject Matter Specialist skilled in using agile delivery methodologies like Kanban, Scrum, and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in various phases of project life cycle from inception to implementation including ability to groom backlog, finalize sprint work allocation and able to review and report the status.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in insurance company or agency / broker environments with relevant time and accountability in a functional role - i.e. agent, underwriter, customer accounting specialist, adjuster; or equivalent knowledge of insurance company operations.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in the business of property and casualty insurance marketplace, personal, commercial, and specialty product offerings, direct and agency distribution channels, the insurance contract, product model details, policy administration processes, policyholder billing processes, claim management processes, advisory (ISO/NCCI/AAIS) agencies, regulatory and compliance agencies and related business functions.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in insurance business applications such as
- Policy administration;
- Claim management;
- Customer billing;
- Agency / customer portals;
- Enterprise data warehouse; and,
- Document management systems (production, imaging, storage) - as a functional user or as a business system analyst.
Demonstrates a thorough level of abilities with, and/or a proven record of success as both an individual contributor and team member, identifying and addressing client needs by
- Writing and designing process maps;
- Preparing business requirements, documenting 'As Is' and 'To Be' processes and delivering process flows;
- Assisting in the development and / or implementation of Target Operating Models;
- Coordinating project input;
- Defining reporting structures to management;
- Demonstrating ability to formally documenting functions;
- Writing process documentation; and,
- Demonstrating experience of making prompt and practical business decisions.
- Guidewire Certification (essential)
- ISEB or BCS Business Analysis (preferred)
- Insurance certifications Associate in Risk Management (ARM), Associate in Claims (AIC), Associate in Underwriting (AU), Associate in Reinsurance (ARe), Associate in Insurance (AINS)
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity