- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- UNITED KINGDOM
Alcon are the market leader in eye care globally, helping people see better through advanced surgical and vision care products and if you want to help make a difference then please join us!
The HCP Training & Development Specialist is responsible for organising and overseeing development and conduct of surgical BU Health Care Professionals (HCPs) education held at Alcon Academy as well as supporting educational collaboration with Large Teaching Institutions, professional bodies and development of KOLs.
This is an exciting field based position that would suit an individual from a devices or pharma background with some scientific/medical affairs knowledge, who can demonstrate a strong commercial focus along with proven experience of developing KOL’s.
Being able to work collaboratively is key, as well as being flexible, self-motivated and having the confidence to make your own decisions.
Organising and overseeing Surgical HCP Courses held at Alcon Academy. Specifically:
Design, development and maintenance of course curriculum:
• Analyse customer education needs and gaps in education provided by NHS
• Identify areas of interest to enhance Alcon educational offering
• Identify, engage and develop new Faculty speakers/KOLs
• Ensure clear communication with Faculty/Alcon associates on agenda and duties
• Obtain relevant approvals for the events and KOLs engagement
• Provide administrative support for the courses
• Ensure CPD accreditation for courses
• Drive continuous improvement based on customer feedback/ satisfaction
Wet lab responsibilities:
• Preparation of equipment for each event, e.g. ordering consumables, machine and workstation set-up etc.
• Providing support for the wet-lab sessions
• General maintenance of Alcon Academy and storage of consumables
Educational Collaboration with LTIs and professional bodies:
• Develop professional relationships with key Leading Teaching Institutions
• Develop professional relationships with key professional bodies such as RCO, ICO and UKISCRS
• Establish collaboration with RCO training facility
• Maintain presence at LTIs to ensure focus on clinical support and education - Field support for surgeons and nurses
Internal collaboration across surgical BU
• Business Strategy Development for segmented and targeted Education and Training
• Ensure salesforce and other internal stakeholders have an enhanced understanding of the educational course content and offering provided by Alcon
• Provide regular updates to salesforce - Newsletter, updates on courses, training tools, clinical engagements and activities
• Provide support for 3rd party events (wet-lab preparation, clinical advise and support)
• Contribute to identification and mapping of Medical Experts/key stakeholders in line with local strategies
• Develop peer-to-peer scientific relationships, assess advocacy and contributions
• Prepare and execute KOLs/Rising stars development plans
• Engage in scientific discussions related to Alcon research areas with MEs, speakers and investigators
• Management of Alcon Academy In-Box
• Promote Alcon training events (local, regional)
• Liaise with Alcon Experience Academy in Barcelona
• Maintain a high level of disease area and product knowledge, including awareness of competitor products and activities in the field
• Ensure administrative activities are carried out in timely manner using the approved systems, e.g. expense reporting, technical and compliance training etc.
• Consistently act in accordance with local SOPs and the external medical device regulatory environment
Any other duties or projects requested by the Line Manager commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility for this role, for which the associate has the necessary experience and/or training.
Benefits of Working for Alcon:
• Competitive Salary
• Pension Scheme
• Share Scheme
• Paid Holidays
• Comprehensive Medical Insurance
• Employee Recognition Scheme
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
• Proven experience working within an ophthalmic/healthcare environment and/or medical device background
• Commercial awareness of the surgical market and or pharmaceutical industry; knowledge and understanding of products, services and marketplace
• Thorough understanding of the UK Healthcare Market, with preferred experience
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.