- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Applications are invited for the post of Head of Communications within the Department of Physics. This is a newly created post responsible for developing and implementing a communications strategy for the department. The post is permanent and full-time.
The Head of Communications will be responsible for working with key stakeholders to formulate a communications strategy for the department, covering internal as well as external communication, ensuring that our messages are clear, consistent, relevant and impactful to key audiences.
The Department of Physics is one of the largest in the University, undertaking incredible research that reveals the very workings of the Universe. The postholder for this new role will demonstrate an interest in our cutting edge research and be as excited as we are about sharing our successes with a broad range of audiences. They will be a self-starter with strong leadership skills and the ability to interact effectively at all levels in the department. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a significant difference to our department; to shape how we communicate and to ensure the tools of good communication become embedded and used throughout the department, making all our communication professional and effective.
The successful candidate will develop, plan and be responsible for the department’s communications activity. Key duties will include:
- working with stakeholders across the department to create a strategy that will take Physics forward;
- planning and delivering ongoing effective and timely communications activity in line with the department’s strategic aims;
- taking responsibility for how the department uses its website;
- work pro-actively with members of the department to design and develop engaging online content;
- developing strong links with communications colleagues across the Division and the wider University;
- providing expert advice, develop and deliver training and coaching for researchers in communicating their research to a wider audience;
- ensuring that our internal communication is clear and engaging and that our large department feels connected.
You should be educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally in a science subject, with a communications-related qualification or accreditation. You should be able to demonstrate exceptional writing skills, as well as the ability to conceive, implement and evaluate creative communication strategies in a large and complex organisation. Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, confidentiality and the ability to inspire confidence is essential.
Please direct enquiries about the role to the HR Team
You will be required to upload a supporting statement, CV and details of two referees as part of your online application.
Only applications received before 12.00 midday on 23 May 2019 can be considered.
Contact Person : HR Team Vacancy ID : 140302
Contact Phone : Closing Date : 23-May-2019
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org