- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Airbus DS Ltd.
Airbus Cyber Security is a European specialist in cyber security. Our mission is to protect governments, military and essential national infrastructure enterprises from cyber threats.
We are over 700 experts based across our main locations in France, Germany and the UK, each with a Security Operating Centre, we also operate in the US and the Middle East.
We provide a global cyber defence approach that aims to protect, detect and respond to cyber threats with a portfolio including managed security services, industrial control system offerings, encryption, key management and consultancy services.
Our goal: Protect our customers and support their needs with cyber security products.
We are passionate about cyber security. If you share our passion, we want to speak with you.
Description of the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join us as the Head of Engineering within Airbus Cyber Security in Newport, South Wales.
You will will report directly to the Head of Delivery and you will ensuring Trusted Infrastructure capability, skills and technologies (Tl) are applied in the UK following Cyber Security UK business requirements
You will ensure implementation of all engineering solutions remain compliant with the defined Cyber Security Technical Strategy, ensuring that any exceptions are managed within Cyber Security strategic governance framework.
You will ensure effective management of all Engineering functions within Cyber Security UK to ensure the right people are in the right place with the right skills to meet business outputs.
Whats on offer?
• Exciting development opportunities and perspectives within Airbus as a global player
• An attractive salary, bonus and company pension scheme, Car/Allowance
• Airbus Group success share scheme
• An range of additional benefits
• Flexible working hours
Tasks & accountabilities
• Ensure engineering budget and workload planning and recovery is managed observing agreed UK P&L budgets.
• Ensure the maintenance of a safe and professional engineering environment within the Cyber Security UK business areas.
• Ensure the safety or products and solutions
• Act as technical authority and provide independent Project, Product and Service Assurance within Cyber Security UK.
• Ensure the engineering perspective is considered by the programmes and project managers in their decision-making and actions.
• Develop strategic recruitment plans to ensure the evolution and growth of a sustainable workforce within Cyber Security UK Engineering
• Develop the Business Management Systems and ensuring they are appropriate to support the UK Business.
• Ensure overall Engineering risk is identified, managed effectively and communicated to the Cyber Leadership team
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have some or all of the following skills and experience:
• Experience of leading multiple engineering teams with evidence of skills in negotiation and conflict resolution
• An experienced engineer, with experience leading complex software/hardware product development, integration and qualification
• Have experience of systems design and implementation for data communications products in commercial or military environments.
• Have experience of embedded software development utilising custom hardware.
• Have experience of the full project life-cycle.
• Have excellent understanding of work package definition, estimation and planning
Because of the nature of work undertaken, these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. If you who meet this criteria you will also undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.