- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £55,000.00 - £65,000.00 gross per year
Head of Finance Sheffield c£60,000 + Car Allowance
T2M Resourcing are recruiting a Head of Finance for this £30m+ division of a highly successful group that provide a range of mechanical and engineering support services throughout the UK. Reporting to the Divisional MD, this no.1 'on-site’ role for finance will become business partner to the MD and leadership team, providing financial performance insight and driving improvements across top and bottom line revenue streams. You will also be responsible for the day to day running of the finance team and ensuring that group finance receive timely and accurate finance information.
What will you be doing?
- Provision of operational stakeholder engagement up to director level and board
- Ownership of division monthly management accounts, forecasting, budgeting and annual financial reports
- Provide insightful commentary on the business P&L, full year forecast and results against budget/forecast, prior year and prior month, highlighting risks and opportunities
- Develop existing business performance information used within the business
- Continual review and automation to deliver process improvements and efficiencies that are aligned to the overall group systems and processes strategy
- Manage all aspects of the billing, credit control and accounts payable functions
- Working capital / cash flow management of the business within group guidelines
- Build and maintain strong working relationships within the finance team and across the business
- Influencing and providing financial support to decision making across the company
- Maintaining and improving the financial control environment
- Manage the year-end audit, and statutory compliance, where appropriate
- Involvement in projects where required - this will include business acquisition inetegration
- Lead, develop and mentor the finance team within a fast paced environment
What are we looking for?
- We need a commercially astute fully qualified (ACA/ACMA/ACCA) accountant who is technical strong, up to date with IFRS reporting requirements
- Prior no.1 or no.2 'on site’ experience is key as we need a finance leader who can quickly get up to speed with the experience and credibility to support and challenge the division leadership whilst ensuring strong and timely reporting to group
- You need to be able to drive strategy and deliver key initiatives (e.g. business integration) BUT also be pragmatic and 'hands on’ with the ability to balance short term requirements with developing people, processes and systems to improve efficiency
- You need to demonstrate great interpersonal skills and the characteristics that will inspire and influence others to achieve high quality results and working practice. You will be a natural leader who is driven, ambitious, respected seen as a finance expert
- Strong systems skills are also a pre-requisite (e.g. Sage / Access / Excel)
- Candidates should live within commutable distance of Sheffield but also be prepared to travel as required.
To apply for this exciting and challenging opportunity please forward your CV with details of your current salary, benefits and notice period.