- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
As a member of the Senior Management team within the Facility, the Head of Governance carries responsibility and accountability for ensuring that the facility meets and exceeds the necessary requirements of all relevant regulatory, compliance and accreditation bodies.
Hours: 37.5 hours/ week
Identify the implications of regulations, policies and strategies on current practice highlighting any changes required as a result of these ensuring they support consistency and joined up working.
• To assist the Facility Chief Executive Officer, Facility Chief Nursing Officer, & Group Head of Governance in ensuring the Hospital meets the statutory requirements of the Care Quality Commission
• Assist in the implementation of changes required as a result of significant Datix and complaints related to clinical practice ensuring remedial actions are proportionate, supported by training where necessary, and deliver sustainable improvements.
• Promote a culture of excellence through local quality initiatives, utilising the evidence base and accepted best practice to integrate theory with practice.
• To develop and maintain effective systems for accurately recording, monitoring, and reporting compliance which supports the requirements of regulators, HCA Healthcare and other key stakeholders by providing Senior managers with user friendly metrics which inform and help to engage staff.
• Attend the Medical Advisory Committee and present statutory and other relevant clinical performance data to inform consultant credentialing and renewal.
• Support the Facility Chief Executive Officer, & Facility Chief Nursing Officer by actively participating in clinical performance monitoring and improvement programmes and identifying quality assurance procedures specific to service provision.
A Healthcare management or Quality Management Qualification or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of the UK governance, regulatory and legislative framework.
• An understanding of the conduct clinical activity.
• Experience in or a thorough knowledge of clinical audit activities and associated governance and improvement programmes.
• Excellent working knowledge of a variety of IT systems including Excel Meditech and Datix
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.