- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £40,000.00 - £50,000.00 gross per year
Our client is looking for a Head of Health and Safety to join their company, reporting to the Managing Director. The role will be office based with site visits.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to establish and develop a new standard for the organisation in the way they shape and lead the Health and Safety function within the company. The candidate will take responsibility for the strategic development of the HSE function, and will take the lead across all Health, Safety and Environmental queries and concerns. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include reviewing legacy policies and procedures and creating proposals as appropriate for subsequent changes in the culture and operations of HSE across the business.
- As the Health and Safety Advisor your key day to day duties will include but not be limited to:
- To act as you are Health & Safety 'Competent Person'
- Assist in undertaking a benchmark audit to review current policy and procedures, implementing action plans for resolution
- Undertake site visits
- Provide advice on all matters relating to Health & Safety as required under regulation 7 of the management of Health & Safety at work regulation 1999 (MHSER 1999) as the appointed competent person
- Assist in reviewing and developing safe methods of work and safety procedures to ensure regulation compliance
- Provide regular updates on Health and Safety information to the management team
- Undertake site inspections ensuring correct implementation of Health & Safety procedures, generating relevant reports and action plans as necessary
- Give advice and assistance to all staff as and when required
- To act as CDM Principle Design Advisory
- To undertake the role of CDM Principle Designer Advisory in accordance with the construction (Design and Management) 2015 regulations
- Attend initial meetings to discuss projects and pre-construction information
- Advise and ensure CDM obligations are met
- Advise on pre-construction information required as necessary
- Prepare and maintain the Health & Safety file
- Produce the construction phase plan
- Complete regular site audits and produce a CDM audit report
- Maintain regular contact with site managers between visits and updates
- Attend meetings before project completions to review the Health and Safety file
- NEBOSH - Occupational Safety and Health Practice
- Accredited CHAS assessor
- CDM (Construction Design and Management) 2015
- Technical member (Tech IOSH) - Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (Desirable)
- To deal with telephone enquires in a professional manner; forwarding to colleagues as appropriate
- The job holder will need to be able to communicate with people at all levels including at Board Level
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- It will be important to take into account all aspects of documents provided in order to delivery professional, competent and successful bids
- Have strong commercial awareness and an understanding of how to mitigate potential risks presented to SEC
- To produce company documentation as and when required, e.g. emails, letters and reports
- To maintain and update company databases including CRM system and In house software packages (Goldmine and H Suite) ensuring effective and timely capture of incoming data
- To ensure all quotations and specifications adhere to company standards, policies, procedures and guidelines
- To carry out any reasonable business task or activity that is requested by the company managers or directors
- To develop company standards and systems, to constantly improve effective production and quality of proposals
- Understand and embrace SEC core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Pride, Passion and Dedication
- The job holder should communicate regularly regarding workload with management and will need excellent time management skills to plan and priorities their work
- The role would suit someone with 5 years or more experience working in a similar role within a Commercial Interiors fit out and refurbishment company and who holds the qualifications required.
Knowledge / Education / Qualifications
- Educated to Degree level
- GSCE’s including Maths and English
- Technical background
- Construction based industry experience
- Knowledge design and project builds
- H&S in relation to design and build
- Estimating or costing experience
- Competent in MS Office suite
- Ability to delivery excellent customer service
- Must hold full clean driving licence
This is a full time role -based on 40 hours a week - 8.30am to 9.30pm. The salary is between £40,000 and £50,000 depending on experience.
If you would like to apply for this position, please call Workstream's Bicester head office on (Monday-Friday, 08:00-17:30) or click on the Apply link.
Workstream welcomes job applications from all suitably qualified candidates. We regret, however, that we are unable to offer employment to anyone without documented proof of their right to live and work in the EU/EEA.
- ms project