- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We’re recruiting for a Head of Health & Safety to lead and develop further a best-practice health and safety culture across our national garden centre portfolio. You’ll bring demonstrable experience in managing and delivering a high-quality health and safety service across a multi-site business.
This role will be Uk wide field based with regular travel to our Central Support Office in Edinburgh and across our estate nationally.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading and developing a best-practice health and safety culture across our business working very closely with our Retail Operations, Property and Hospitality teams.
- Developing a robust safety policy and safe systems of work across all areas of our business, ensuring Dobbies complies with all current H&S legislation including Acts, Regulations and official guidance and standards.
- Delivering our health & safety strategy and driving continuous improvement.
- Providing expert and practical guidance on health and safety to all stakeholders.
- Co-ordination of all health and safety priorities across the business to ensure consistency of approach.
- Ensuring activities across the portfolio are properly risk assessed and manage a regular audit programme to evaluate performance.
- Reviewing and auditing arrangements for Health & Safety management, while continuously improving these arrangements where appropriate.
- Acting as a lead contact for external agencies.
- Ensuring robust reporting and escalation regimes are in place for key health and safety metrics.
What you’ll bring
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- A NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma or NVQ5 (or equivalent) and BSc in Health and Safety Management would be beneficial.
- Membership of a professional body (eg IOSH) Chartership of IOSH (or working towards).
- Customer focussed with first class relationship and stakeholder management.
- Experience in influencing, engaging and coaching across all levels of a business
- Strong organisational and planning skills, including data analysis and risk management.
- Competitive salary
- Generous team member discount to be enjoyed in the store, restaurant and foodhall.
- Thriving culture; the Dobbies team are passionate, diverse and committed to our customer.
- 33 days annual leave.
- Stakeholder pension with shared employee and employer contribution.
- Company paid life insurance plus a bunch of flexible benefits.