- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Head of Open Market - 90228486
Posting Range:8 Apr 2019 - 9 May 2019
Head of Open Market
Barclaycard Payment Solutions (BPS) is responsible for supporting a wide range of businesses from large corporates to prosumers with taking payments. The UK Business Payments own the Small Business Segment P&L, the Sales function, and are responsible for delivery of strategies that drive business value through the customer life cycle. You will be working internally across Barclaycard International to understand existing performance and propositions, and to understand customer needs.
What will you be doing?
• You will be in control of strategic and local events in collaboration with Marketing, shaping the strategy and acting as the gateway to these for BRMs and Field Sales teams
• You will be delivering Pricing Offers that support quarterly Campaign activity – including sign off, backend process support, colleague engagement, and business readiness
• You will be overseeing the delivery of Colleague Campaigns that achieve maximum engagement with our external marketing messages and strategic agenda
• You will be leading working groups to identify and deliver opportunities across the business which support achievement of targets
• You will be developing & leading a virtual matrix team within BPS - in order to fully implement our propositions across the front book.
• You will be using internal and external insight to help drive offer strategy recommendation
• You will be monitoring and driving the Key Performance Indicators for the acquisition channels ensuring maximum value to the BPS P&L
• You will be building effective relationships across BPS, leverage these relationships to successfully to land new initiatives and drive forward existing ones.
What we’re looking for:
• Experience working Financial Services, ideally in the Card payments industry
• Line management and proven track record in nurturing talent
• Commercial / P&L management experience, with proven track record of high performance
• The individual needs to be to be able to effectively engage horizontally & vertically to enrich discussion within and beyond the team on their own activities and those of others
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Good analytical skills and a commercial thinker
• Driven for results through quality, high standards and service excellence
• Self-motivated with a strong capability to understand commercial & financial impact
• Passionate and persuasive with an ability to extract key insights to drive forward the business
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment.
Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.