- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Head of Operational ControlEnd Date
£94,200 - £125,600
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Lloyds banking Group is on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it. Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
We're looking to recruit a Head of Op Control who will be responsible and accountable for service, cyber security, operational performance and change implementation. The team works across different platforms to deliver the best service for a dominant and fast growing customer base. Working across the group and maintaining close partnerships with Value Streams, the team provides a 24/7 service and deployment capability for the Digital Channel.
About the role:
This role is part of the SOCI leadership team. The team is going through a period of fast change, maintaining the highest standards for our customers today whilst connecting with new technology and shaping the operating model of the future. The team looks at all aspects of Digital service, including the latest technology to improve our cyber defenses. In addition we seek to use the best tooling and monitoring capability there is and achieve the quickest and safest ways to deploy code and content. This is built on strong testing capability underpinned by reliable environments.
This role will be an addition to the operations team and responsible for Operational Control aspects of the Digital Chanel. Specific to this will be the understanding of the impacts of changes to the Channel to customers and managing in to the organisation. An understanding of operational risk, technology, resilience and key controls underpin the key priorities. The position will need to create strong governance particularly as technology enhancements mean a change to the current ways of working.
What you'll do
What follows is what you might find our Head of Op Control mostly doing, but your experience will flex depending on the team's needs, and your own aspirations. Our objective is to grow and create an environment where you can do what you enjoy.
- You'll have an understanding of operational risk, technology, resilience and key controls underpin the key priorities
- You'll be able to understand technology and the impact on operations and customer service
- You'll be expected to understand the operational environment and shape outcomes.
- You'll have an interest in technology but with a strong business and customer bias.
- You'll be able to work across teams leading colleagues and partners to demonstrate appropriate business control
- You'll also be able to work in an environment which is moving at fast pace and demands the very best in terms of behavioural and cultural fit.
- Key accountabilities
The role will work closely with the existing team but focus on control aspects of Digital Operations: more specifically accountabilities will include:
- Engagement with new technology and working through the impact on the operations including control aspects for run and change adoption
- Liaison with major programmes and understanding new technologies
- Working with risk partners to deliver a first class customer focused control environment
- Play a lead role on channel resilience especially across platforms and during the adoption of cloud technology
- Create strong governance to demonstrate that the channel is well run and connected with the organisation
Knowledge, skills and experience
- The position demands strong leadership. Well constructed decision-making, the ability to handle and lead on both a direct and indirect basis and the desire to influence others are key attributes.
- Digital knowledge and the understanding of governance and control are key to this role.
- Good communication is a requirement. You'll be able to lead debates and present confidently. Engagement and execution is meaningful to the success of this role and the ideal candidate will be able to communicate well with own team and wider.
- Understanding of how to manage in the organisation is highly meaningful. Organisational understanding and a knowledge of risk and operational control coupled with the ability to mange in to the organisation will underpin successful performance.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate drive and focus to make a real difference in a fast moving environment.
We deeply value diversity, and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer.If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Car allowance
- Discretionary bonus circa 20 % of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous pension contribution.
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday
Sound like you? Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
- customer service