- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Head of Product Design
Please note: Applications without a portfolio won't be accepted
At The Plum Guide we're building a marketplace of the world’s best holiday homes — for real! We are taking a systematic approach to testing every single home on the planet, and accepting only the ones that will make for an unforgettable experience.
We are backed by an all-star VC cast including LocalGlobe with Octopus Ventures - who have also funded the likes of Secret Escapes, Trouva, depop, Moo, TransferWise, Zoopla and CityMapper. We are in London, Paris, Rome, Milan, New York and LA, and will be opening 20+ cities in 2019.
In the last 18 months, we have neglected design. We aren’t proud of how our product looks and feels today, and it definitely doesn’t look and feel like the product which delivers NPS scores head and shoulders above the competition. We’re looking to change that — not a little, a lot! We’re looking to build one of the most iconic brands of our generation and that’s where you come in.
What you'll do
- Define our design language, standards, processes and vision.
- Lead the conception and design of brand new products and features from scratch (more to be revealed face to face).
- Build a world class team of product designers.
- Evangelise design within the business and externally (e.g. events, conferences).
- Build empathy with our customers, understand their wants and needs and build a strong vision for what we could do to help them. Job requirements
Who you are
- You have demonstrable experience in shipping world class digital products.
- You're a strategic thinker, and an expert in translating user behaviours into great user experience and design.
- You are proactive, organised, curious, humble and empathetic, so you don't need someone over your shoulder, and you can multi-task across multiple workstreams.
- You can facilitate a human-focused design approach within the team.
- You try to understand other people's perspective and clarify meaning before reacting, and you're quick (and happy) to adapt to business priorities changing.
- You are great at communicating complex concepts clearly and persuasively, and you love to present your work.
- You have a well-trained eye for great visual design execution, and you care about getting things right.
- You have a strong portfolio of case studies showing your skills. Bonus points
- You have an interest in scaling Design & UX teams within organisations.
- You are great at writing UX copy.
- You're talented in illustration, animation or designing iconography.
- You are fluent/native in a second language. Benefits
- Freedom to innovate, not just tweak: we are early stage and hungry to shake things up. Sure there will be optimisations, but also opportunities to re-invent.
- An unparalleled opportunity to make a name for yourself as a world class Head of Product Design. If we make our objectives happen, you will inevitably be one of the most sought out talents in the global start-up scene.
- Genuine influence and control: you will join the leadership team and work as an equal with the founding team in setting the strategy and vision for Plum.
- Incredible learning opportunities in building and scaling a consumer brand: not only will you lead the design of the product, but will be exposed to all facets of scaling a digital business: fundraising, marketing, operations, finance and so on.
- Be an early team member of what we aim to be one of Europe’s most famous start-ups.
- Competitive salary and generous options scheme: our ambitions are huge and we hope it pays out for all.